Saturday, December 23, 2023

On This Day - (23rd Dec) #Reminders from FB#

23rd Dec 2022

还是老姜比较好

After the f up work by the 'as-old-as-my-dad' electrician (my god! He fused the bulb n short-circuit the house) for the water feature. [And I'm so upset with the guy who sold me the water feature for his bad service. Empty promises only.] I had to call dad to help me. Dunno what the heck that guy did, that dad had to do a change.

How to trust other people like that? I seem to encounter those who do slip-shod jobs






23rd Dec 2021
added 28 new photos to the album US2021


To another outlet mall shopping


没钱了! must eat at food court


Santa I've been a good girl this year. I've been waiting for my telescope. Can I get it this year?


Che-che's DQ ice cream - her fav


This is just main course and sides and it's huge portion!

So the adults are sharing the girl's food.



Drove to another place to get their corn dog


They love it, so made a second trip back.


Hotel sightseeing



Missing the city, missing the Broadway shows




Eat until sore throat


Wow! Yummy yummy

Ok, altho I said I'd heck keto for now (will tell the story another time), I was still able to resist temptation.


Che-che's fav



Masks are required every state we go. We are people masking up yet there are some who are not, or who are wearing it wrongly. So ... do you think we should be masking up at all times? A dear friend said that we're covering our faces in our pics. Yes, technically we can remove while we're pic taking but it's ok, we were just so used to wearing it.




And today had high volume of people near us. Came back hotel and quickly sprayed isopropyl alcohol on all clothings n shoes.


This girl kept saying she wants to go NY. So you're in NY mei-mei


Miss NY for its own gross charm.

When we used to stay in Hyatt, and if I get a room facing Lexington Ave, I always like to sit by the window to admire Chrysler Building.

But I don't stay in the room for long in NY. It's shopping and sightseeing time n Broadway shows


The girls' dinner


Adults dinner


Che-che volunteered to open the fortune cookie for us, and she automatically pop it into her mouth. Hee!


Yes! Big hint, we need more vacations.


With different types of M&Ms



Wah. So accurate we did exactly 2.5lb


Che-che's bathbomb


每年的购物女王

Shopping Queen strikes again

#daddyneedstodolotsofovertimetopayforshoppingex

penses#


Good to check. Negative.

Like the man says so even test positive then how?

Trip also must continue.. haha! Extended vacation stuck here. We're fine really since he can still work, che-che's new term only starts in end Jan, no housework for me. Except lil' one has school she'll have to do zoom at odd timing. Which comes to the sad thing that our vacation is coming to an end in 5 days time

😢 . We're lucky we still have VTL and able

to travel out this year. Dear, can I have another vacation alone?



Che-che's precious white bear. She always bring this along with her. Now in dire need of scrubbing once we head home.

Missing my dear friend, Velda Alexander, who gifted her this bear at 2mths old.




23rd Dec 2020

The jiak-liao-bi girl.

Still hungry after her udon and she went to order 1 extra egg. Still hungry so gave her my unfinished mini don rice. Still hungry!

Go n buy bread later girl or should I say lots of bread.

Sigh....




23rd Dec 2019

Che-che was saying can commit murder here, can throw body here also nobody can find it unlike in Singapore. I added that even if they chop off the body parts and throw all over Sin, still can piece back the body. Che-che said if throw all parts of the body in different areas here, cannot find. Then daddy asked her "why u want to commit murder here?" Haha!

Meanwhile everyone enjoying the peace coz lil' one is busy eating her lollipop. Che said should have taken more from the hotel to keep her quiet in the car.


Footnote written in 2020 : Just out of the blue she started this funny comment.


23rd Dec 2019

More sleeps before heading to LA, our last stop for another few sleeps and then back to the grind. 😢 😢 Sigh... when is next holiday? We've not been able to travel twice a year since che-che started Sec school, only limiting to the pathetic Dec Hols



We avoided all the snowy conditions in planning for this trip months before, but we weren't prepared for this strong wind here that even the stable car seems unstable

So there's a gusty wind over the summit. Sigh...ah soh needs to do more scrubbing

tonight



23rd Dec 2019

We're back with the girls this time, transitting for few hours.

Richard Lee, Irenea Flora Lee, Irene Ma


Footnote written in 2020 : This was the place where I met up with my other british friends who flew over for Richard Lee n Irenea Flora Lee's wedding. I had another meeting with them years later with lil' Athena in tow. And another trip is due for sure with 2 kids.

Great friends I had, the calm and motherly Velda and the giggly happy-go-lucky Patricia. When the 3 of us meet up when I'm in LHR, it was absolutely crazy times spent, we 3 were such a weird combination 🤣. Then I received sad news this year midst of covid.

Treasure every moments with your family and friends.




17 years ago there were just the 2 of us here. 17years later, we came back with 2 monsters.


Footnote written in 2020 : 1 yr later we couldn't step into US. So much has changed within months, and to think we heard about the Wuhan news when we were holidaying.

23rd Dec 2017

Che-che spotted stars while we were on the road and she managed to identify Ursa Minor and reconfirmed with me "I saw something like a trapezium". With iphone compass, she confirmed it is Ursa Minor. I couldn't spot it yesterday, though I saw Orion. I think I'm short-sighted 😬..coz Orion is easily identified.

But I think I saw some small streaks of Ursid meteor this wee hours.

#stargazing# #happyhappy#



Footnote written in 2020 : 

Never stop looking up! ⭐️ 

Then, we didn't know anything or even think there was such a thing - astronomy app. Really just used compass to find.

I asked for Santa for a good telescope but it hasn't been fulfilled.

#imadeittothenaughtylist#

#dontlikemylousytelescope#



23rd Dec 2017


Need a rope to tie this girl to me

#shewalkedtoofast# #ithinkiwalkedtooslow#



Ventured on her own



..then plonked herself down comfortably. Gone are the days when she holds my hand and let me lead her. Now she leads me, rather I trail behind her.



One wrong move and she can roll down the other side 😬



View from Dante's Peak



Taken by Che-Che as we were leaving DV 💀 in a rush this evening. No water so decided to check out n check into another place. That's the fastest speed we packed our bags.

#anyhowdumpthingsinside#




23rd Dec 2016

This is how you grow fat!



23rd Dec 2015

I drew the curtain and was greeted with a shroud of white cover. Wow! Just as we're leaving today. Hope no flight delay later on.




23rd Dec 2015

Packing and so distracted now. Need to relax ...then pack again. Last night of PPTV drama chasing and I haven't completed the drama series. Second drama for this trip. Aiyoh! I didn't even complete one drama for my last trip.

After touchdown, busy busy all the way until June maybe..

I'm smarter this time, I did all laundry here. Leaving only what we have for today to bring back for wash, and some sweaters for dry cleaning.

Will clean n mop house, change my bedsheet first, told girls they are sleeping with me. I'll change their bedsheet another day. They sleep n l'll unpack, wash PES n yard, wash shoes, do laundry in washing machine,

another time of laundry for bedsheet. Think by then 3am or 4am?

24th Dec - girls tuition. Meet friend to settle house stuffs. Just dump them and go, I'm not staying around there. Do some more housework n grocery run while they're in class. Gonna be speedy gonzale again. I've already got my grocery list in my phone.




23rd Dec 2013


We are late by a day.... well better than not doing it at all.




23rd Dec 2013

Thanks for a wonderful company!




23rd Dec 2012

Silly girl rubbed her eyes after she touched Mopiko.

She cried, the whole family rescued the baby of the family.

Bad mummy had to do this. Tantamount to bullying her. Hahaha! So fun to disturb her. Do it while she can't fight back. Muahhahaha!



23rd Dec 2012


She's sulking and ranting like a bull. Fed up with all the practices, put on/ take off blouse; PE T-shirt n pinafore.

Seeing how she tries to unhook the belt is

HILARIOUS! She twists her body to the left n right. I guess she'll spoil the hook within a month.




23rd Dec 2011

It's party time!






No comments: