Sunday, December 3, 2023

Christmas cards

Relationships used to be so intimate without technology. Letters used to take a while to reach the recipient and it makes us looking forward to opening the letter box. We reply the letter and seal the envelopes with our saliva and make our way down to the nearest postal office or postbox 📮.

Now we embrace with the times and technology. Although technology makes communication more effective, verbal communication is lost. Letters are unheard of, I’ve even had a mail returned to the sender just coz the sender didn’t know where to write my address on the envelope!!! - Gen Z kids!! Do we even need letterbox in the future? Now all we get are trash advertisements slotted into our letter boxes. Nobody has sent me letter for the longest time; very few people send me Christmas and CNY cards.  

Once upon a time I could get a box of 10-12 cards and could easily send them out. Then I got a box of 5 cards and could utilise all 5 cards. Slowly it got to the point where I’ll have one extra card to throw away coz I won’t be using one card for the next year’s Xmas - recipients are mainly the same people IYKYK what I mean. 
This year I got 3 (+1 more after this pic was taken) individual cards

And now with local postage increase, I can’t use the printed sticker labels at all. I used to have 50c stamps for local postage (when it was 31c) but obviously I can’t use it with that 1c increase. Duh! 

Isn’t it just sad that everyone just WhatsApp or put a post in FB now to send greetings? Soon, one day Hallmark can close down their physical stores. 

No comments: