Sunday, April 2, 2023

On This Day - (2nd Apr) #Reminders from FB#

2nd April 2023

Packing rants.

So tired after packing master toilet and 1 kitchen cabinet (3 boxes just for this cabinet alone! My boxes are small at 50x40x30)



Can we do this kind of minimalist living? I wish!

🤔 2 pots, 4 bowls, plates, sets of cutlery. Wishful thinking!

Leaving just 2 cooking pots.

Airfryer n slow cooker will be kept in box, no space so combining these with the sauces n condiments when I pack those (maybe) tomorrow.



vs a hoarder's home? 😂

Haven't even tidied up the laundry room stuffs on the floor.

I'm suppose to do ironing today but I'm so tired already.

Well, I know can do it next week but it'll be a huge stack of laundry. 



Just some crazy thoughts.

Should I keep this outside for the days when we have no kitchen? 🤣

But then we also have no toilet basin to wash crockeries. 

Haiyah! Got BK, foodcourt, restaurants opposite us. Won't die!

#travelcooker#




2nd April 2021

Che-che's very artistic decorated cookies.

|looked back to the days when the young girls get to decorate their cookies after outlining for them. They had their simple thrill.

I still like the cute nicely drawn decorated cookies whereas the big girl likes artistic kind. 

#hadsomanybakingsessionswithgirls# 

#memories# 

#cookieslookdifferentwhentheyreolder# 

#hercookiesherideasherstyle#



2nd April 2021

Woke up to see the mess created in the kitchen.

Someone asked me for cookie n icing recipe at 2+am after she baked her brownie just coz she couldn't sleep. So where's cookie?

After lil' one's tuition will have to start housework n keep the mess she left behind.

Now I feel like baking 🍰

#someoneissleepinglikeababynow# #maybeshewillwakeatnoon#



2nd April 2020 
Sob sobs 😭
Will they have this another time?

2nd April 2016

Earlier on for lunch I asked a man for help to help me pack che-Che's unfinished whitebait. He came and started actioning, so I assume he has a disability.

When he got back with my packet, I signed a Thank You to him. He looked at me with a smile and walked away. As I got up to leave, we came face to face again. I thanked him again for his help and he started a whole load of I dunno what signing. But I saw the sign "know" so I assumed he's asking me if I knew sign language.???

I replied "little" smiled n walked out of restaurant.

Perhaps he doesn't get this response that often from customers?

Ehh…..now as I think back... Did I do a baby sign for little instead? Is it the same? 😜 I don't really know sign language you know, just one blot here and one blot there.

I think I made his day (muahaha! Thick skin to get credits).

Now it's your turn. Make it someone's day today!



2nd April 2016

So much has changed in Suntec since we last came here in ... « how many years?

All I needed to do was to find the Fountain of Wealth then can right? Then Mcs is not there, has a nicely renovated Food Republic and I saw my fav Li Xin Fishball here. Yums! But no chilli for the time being. Alive Museum and two supermarkets?

We used to come Suntec every week when kids were younger and so carefree no worries. Sadly, now is all taken up by work to be cleared or making sure they clear their work before we go anywhere.

I wish we were all young again.


Footnote written in 2022 : Days like that can never be back.

As they grow older, school work take up their time.

Then after graduation, they work and lesser time spent with us old folks.



2nd April 2016

We were walking and I told her she's prob the only one in school uniform. A while later nearing the exam rooms, bumped into Kelly, ex-primary schoolmate, also in her school uniform.


Footnote : she was in school uniform then as she had to go Indoor stadium for some band concert thingy with the school after that. I told Mr Sim she will be there a little late for their meeting. At least we tried. Another person, V, who claims she has a theory exam (tho we didn’t see her) didn’t make an effort to Indoor stadium. And mind you, both her parents are very free they could have sent her there immediately also but ….. oh well, at least che-che is a more responsible girl than her. Che-che didn’t slack or make funny faces when I told her I’ll send her. 



2nd April 2016

Though I have almost 2hrs to walk around here, good chance since alone. Now sitting on massage chair getting a nice massage. Too tired already, haven't had enough sleep for past week as I am down.

I hate to cough, coz sometimes it sounds like I'm having TB



2nd April 2016

Finally received her card after waiting for such a long

time.




2nd April 2015

Rmbr my previous ranting abt a certain bus number to the sec school holding area?

Today, I was near the school vicinity at 10+, went to drop something at friend's place, a while later drove to school to drop my boxes. Came out from school and went to pack lunch. After some time went to pick lil' one, made one big round coz I had to park car at Tembeling to settle her lunch, abt an hour later drove to pick che-che up. All the time when I was near that bus-stop I saw double-decker buses. Two occasions, there was bus bunching and both buses were double-deckers (altogether 4). 5 times I passed the bus stop and I only saw 1 single-deck bus.

Isn't it crazy?!?! They should be deploying the double deckers in the mornings not at that weird non-peak

hours.



2nd April 2014 

Posted a day late. This picture taken on 1st April 2014. 


Our girls and thought tiring it's fun to be part of our girls CCA. My dear friend, Youli, hv been a great partner and company on our volunteering days since our girls were P1.

P1 & 2 concert n now this.

She did the hair and I did the make-up (Wilma Cheng

I didn't blend. Haha!)

I salute her for her courage in handling my girl's ultra thick hair but must admit the bun she did was so much better than mine.



 


2nd April 2012

What is this?




2nd April 2011


Yippee! App done!




2nd April 2011


Someone just asked me - What I miss most about flying?

My ans :The sightseeing trips I ventured on own; the dunno-how-many musicals I watched (sometimes with mind abit blur after "walking all the way" from another country) ; the shopping (oh yes!) with good price and the invaluable experience to make me what I am today.



No comments: