Monday, April 3, 2023

A quick visit to Kiehls

Made a quick visit to Kiehls at Parkway to get an acne cleanser for lil’ one. She’s been having this acne problem even after her ‘every girl’s monthly visit’ is long over. She’s been using the usual Calendula cleanser and definitely not helping with the breakout now.



I felt so silly keeping all the Kiehls items in the master room toilet’s cabinet for renovation. And I’m not going to open up the boxes to retrieve anything. I asked M if she has any samples to give me - the acne spot treatment - to remedy her acne now. She looked shocked 😮 and told me “it’s been discontinued for a while and …..” I don’t have to wait for her to complete her sentence but she’s thinking I’m using stuffs that’s way past the expiry date 😂!  
Oh my! I think I have an opened one, and one BNIB 😱. All long expired !!
They still carry the Blue Herbal’s spot treatment tho! 

Just last night, I did facial for her and used the Rare Earth Deep Pore mask. I love this mask besides the old Calendula mask. 

Speaking of which, let me divert on the topic on the first calendula mask - Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydrating Mask. I tend to put an effort in doing a facial masque on a daily basis when I’m on vacation. Especially when we’re usually headed for the northern hemisphere in year end. My face bites when I apply it which means my skin is sucked up dried by the cold wind. The jelly mask makes it feel like I’ve not rinsed my face properly after, a cotton pad used like a facial sponge does the trick.  


An Ultra Facial masque follows. It’s an overnight mask but I’m not comfortable with the fact that 80% of the mask would have gone to my pillows, so I never kept any overnight ma overnight unless I can be sure I’d be lying on my back the whole time. I will usually double or triple the duration of the mask if it’s an “overnight” masque. 
A combination of the two masques  and an Ultra facial cream after that really helped me with an even more pampered skin in winter countries. I swear by these products to rescue my pwetty face.  
The original masque was out of the shelf for a period of time. I was sad that my favourite is gone, though you may like to know I still have 1 or 2 at home - My mini Kiel’s shop. But as of last editing date (on 7th Apr) , I’m happy to know that a new one is back! I was still deciding to let che-che bring it over to USA as she will need it more than I do in a -3 deg celcius area during winter.  



Anyway back to the topic. When I asked M if I can use the green coloured Pollutant Mask on her and she let out another 😱 gasp. Umm….ok…. I got the hint… She told me subtly to finish it faster. She repeated it like 3x 😂, more lor soh than me. Actually I noticed the mask colour changed also, I wasn’t willing to throw my money away so just used it.  

I think I shouldn’t pichar - lobang, otherwise she knows I’ve not been religiously using the products. 

During my conversation with M, she says lil’ one has dry skin not oily skin (just the T-zone). I always thought her skin is oily coz it always feels so oily. M decided to do a test on her skin


And this is her results. 55% hydration level. Oh dear! 
Did mine too
My results is not that far from hers. This further emphasise that I shouldn’t laze on skincare. 

According to M, lil’ one can only use this only in day time


at night coz she’s sleeping in aircon room, it’s recommended that she use this white bottled ultra facial cream.


In one of my sudden faze over my ‘oh no I’m going to be 50’ and going to turn wrinkly soon, I bought a device Age-R Booster-H from Medicube and wanted to use a Kiehls product with it. I came across this : -

What are the benefits of Ferulic Brew? In just 7 days, Ferulic Brew Facial Treatment boosts glow, smoothes texture, and reduces fine lines & wrinkles. * Ferulic Brew also provides antioxidant protection.

For a moment I thought this was only available in the US coz I’ve never seen it / introduced by the SA or given samples. I was glad when I asked M and she said they carry in SIN as well. Bought the smaller bottle to try it out. 

Back at home I was reading about the miracle brew and came across Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil serum but when I clicked, nothing appears. Yup! I was in the sg website. This product is prohibited in Singapore. That reminds me of the nice Cannabis Sativa Seed Facial Cleanser we bought in LA. 

 

No comments: