Saturday, April 29, 2023

On This Day - (29th Apr) #Reminders from FB#

29th April 2023

It's been a week since we went to Joe Hisaishi さん’s concert and I'm still feeling so stoked. Ravel's Bolero is a tune I like. So when I heard the snare drum playing so softly I knew it was that "I heard it before but dunno what's the title", "must maintain that same beat for the whole song. I would have lost my beat in less than 5mins 😂 " song. I still don't check the orchestra program before booking tickets 😄

Hearing Spirited Away Suite live is ... speechless dunno what's the word to use. I can be repeating the song either at home or car BUT being able to hear it live, I think once is enough if I have no chance to go to his concert next time. Not forgetting the 2 encores. Now I want to go for his concerts in Japan, but tix always selling out so fast. Sigh....

#butcountmyblessingsiwentforboth#

#themostexpensiveticketsbuttotallyworthit# #iwanttobeaesplanadeusherernexttime#


29th April 2020

So tired!

2nd time making boba, 1st x was using gula melaka coz didn't hv brown sugar n that was before the ban.

Did one portion and the girls wanted everything today! Cannot ration meh? I# do until so tired then u 2 finish everything!






29th April 2020

Looking forward …..




29th April 2020

Hubby came back with Kim Choo yesterday. Lots! He knew I was craving for it. Thank u thank u!

Drove all the way to Marine Parade to pack their favourite fishball noodle near school for lunch. Good to have this cooking break too!




29th April 2019

Epic fail 🤣

Lil' one has been grumbling non-stop that she can't find her lava cake anywhere, so I looked for a small portion recipe and promised her I'd bake her one this week. The last time I baked was for 6 and that was many donkey years ago. Plus it's difficult to divide some stuffs (esp eggs) if u know what I mean Then suddenly she told me she wanted to eat it before piano/dinner. Rushed me through the baking time (Portioned in ramekins 2hrs ago) and not like I can poke test this, so tried to judge using my shortsighted eyes. I extended 2mins but .... the lava flowed just as I flipped it onto the plate. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thankfully she gave me the thumbs up and encouraged me "it's ok, you haven't baked this for a long time that's why". Who was the one who rushed me??🤨 #recipekeeper#



29th Apr 2019

Eclair (nope! I didn't bake this)

Che-Che tried this patisserie's eclair and didn't like it

"the one in Paris is so much nicer"

Yah, like we know 😏. We packed home 2 different famed patisseries' macaron n eclair and who ate them??

Meanwhile let me indulge in this.

#notcountingthecalories#


29th Apr 2017

That is why I tell everyone not to gift my girls any stationeries for their birthday or Christmas. This is only partial of what they own. I've given lots away; there are some in their study table drawer. Lil one has a pencil case for each tuition bag.

I must have that one day when I pretend to be possessed and start throwing all their stationeries out.

#mydailyfrustrations# #tryinghardtokondonizemyhomebutunsuccessful#


29th Apr 2016

It was an accident waiting to happen (yet again). This time involving a school bus and a motorcycle. Yup!

Bus driver is certainly at fault for not watching out for motorcycle. But at that kind of diagonal angle the bus was, assume another vehicle was involved. True enough, as drove past the bus, I saw a lady talking to the LTA marshall and saw her car.

What happened you ask?

Some idiot parent, again, like to stop their cars on the second lane to pick their kids up, endangering the lives of their kids too. Plus with impatient drivers who can't wait to move out quickly, they make that sharp filter into the first outermost lane.

Better still, one other car (I know who the grandpa is), still wanted to pick his granddad on the second lane, infront of the marshall. Marshall directed him away thereafter.



29th Apr 2015


Cough like siao until pain; has headache yesterday thought ok liao, today woke up with headache n body ache also.

Wah.... Wan to bua-chu had to fall sick.

No time for relax..girls in school is packing time. even when mother warded in hospital, I couldn't visit. Now,

SIL warded also I can't visit.

When will this end?????



29th Apr 2014

There are days when I get so mad with lil one for throwing papers/ things all over the place. I found this tucked under my book today.

Sweet! This is 1 I wouldn't consider as rubbish



Footnote written in 2023

Aw......

She Aricia Ting loves her sister.

She's hugging the toy che-che bought for her to sleep now, keeping her sister close to her.

Tonight che-che went to her room to sleep coz she spotted a if in her room so she decided to bunk in with lil' one iS.

#asifthelizardcannotcrawltootherplaces#

Tasked her what will happen next time when nobody helps her kill insects and lizards? Small insects also scream so loud and claim it's big *rolls eyes*. Then she claimed that she killed cockroaches in the chute area when the 3 of us were in BKK last year. That one .. I also scared lah everytime I open the chute.

#conslivingonforstfloor#




29th Apr 2013

The instructions was : Did u see anything interesting on the way to school today? Draw it.

She drew this.. I told her with humour, she should hv simply coloured black to show that she Zzzzz in the car or maybe draw a boring long tunnel with cars.

She almost took me seriously n wanted to erase her drawing.

See the car she drew. She wrote "Track 9" it's her fav song - Guantanamera - when she sits in daddy's car.

If in my car, she'll prob write FM92.4.



29th April 2012

Shucks! That same headache is back again!!



29th April 2011

* added a new photo to the album Mobile Uploads.


Hmm.... Who's that person who said it's a banned place from the kids??

Me!! And now I ge-kiang n buy for them.




29th April 2011

Why m I so tired? Been sleeping early at 10+ for past 2 nights. Today, body aching. Sianz!



29th April 2011


Launch of ipad2.. I saw queue forming alr in Best Denki n Harvey. Wow! Interviewed first man in queue.

Here since 7am. Ok lah! Not so bad; no overnight camping. Think it's different in all Apple stores lor!








No comments: