Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Prepared lunch for Y2T1

and "we begin again" *imitating lil' one's sharpy cutey voice

9th Jan (Tue)


Saw a few pieces of honey chicken left so decided to prepare this for her. I would usually prefer to give her rice with this, but with Thermomix it'll be weird to cook less than half a bowl of rice in it. But perhaps I should really try it one day. Anyway, just cooked egg porridge for her in the morning.  

11th Jan (Thu)

This always works 😂. Coz Thursdays I need to rush out for exercise after dropping her in school. And I prefer not to have any oily mess in the kitchen (hubby won't help me clean), I usually return home after picking her up at 5pm.  

Prepared some extra onsen eggs as well while I'm in the kitchen. It's meant for rainy days but once lil' one knows I have this in the fridge, rainy or sunny or snowy she will find any excuse to eat it. Meaning not hungry also will say she's hungry.  



16th Jan (Tue)

Was still deciding what to cook for her the day before when she told me she can’t have anything too full as she has PE after lunch. 
Since I bought lots of bread, decided that nothing is as light as bread.  


18th Jan (Thu)

There are many days when I just didn’t want to cook or pack anything for her after my class. Quite a hassle actually, pack for her and mom then I gotta standby outside her school until she calls me (sometimes she's dismissed early; sometimes later. My whole life is on standby mode.)  

Took the easiest way out. Saw some instant chicken porridge which che-che is not bringing over in the pantry. Che-che saw me taking it out and asked me to cook hers as well for tomorrow. She panicked  “I dowan to eat now, I want to eat tomorrow!” when she saw me putting water into the pot. A thing I learnt from mom if I want my rice to cook quickly the next day is to soak the rice grains prior.  



30th Jan (Tue)

My freezer seems to have treasures waiting to be discovered. If only my money is as plentiful as the rubbish food I have in the fridge. Found this cutey mantous which I bought on 18th Sep 2023. Haha! OMG!     

Packed these for her. She only likes the one with chocolate, she don't like this sausage though she like sausage. Get it? This goes to show how superbly fussy she is. 


1st Feb (Thu) 

With the other half of the egg tofu left from dinner yesterday, I decided to do a chapalan cookout for her. 


Presenting sukiyaki egg tofu, crabstick, udon.  
Ok, one meal is settled. If only I can do this 'let her be the rubbish bin' all the time. 






6th Feb (Tue)

Packed bread from BreadTalk 



8th Feb (Thu) 

Bought food from OTH coz I was so tired to do anything else the day before after cleaning the kitchen and doing 2 loads of laundry 



13th Feb (Tue)

Totally forgot to ask them to buy bread on Monday when they went out for lunch. Hubby bought fishball tho' so I asked her to pack for her lunch today.


15th Feb (Thu)

She needed to be in school at 8am, so cooked this the day before. Trying to finish the leftover packs of different udons and soba at home before opening up the latest purchase. 
Why so many packs? Coz che-che prefers udon; lil’ one prefers soba. And then some people just like to make my life more difficult by having thin, extra thin, thick udon, matcha soba, brown soba, white soba etc.. Initially che-che liked the thick udon then not halfway used says she don’t like it anymore 😣. I think I can cook 10 more meals with whatever remaining packs I have. Perhaps 10 more weeks of udon for lil’ one’s lunch?  *wink*


Last 2 eggs left so just boiled all 3 eggs together and prepared 2 into the “onsen” dip 


20th Feb (Tue) 

Sausage n fish fillet bread from Swee Heng Bakery

22nd Feb

Mee Rebus from Qiji

27th Feb (Tue)

Bread again



29th Feb (Thu)

Strange I cooked 190g rice last dinner and not enough to keep extras for today! Second week when my calculation went wrong. Decided to give my bowl of rice to her so I had really very little dinner last night. Wasn’t feeling up to it for Fight-Do, the cough is still persistent just as my fats, so decided to wing it and pack her lunch for her in the morning. 

It’s CP’s teriyaki chicken and sausage with rice in the trusty thermos container. Always good to have ready meals in the freezer for days like this. Had the idea of doing her katsu-don but just so tired, I know myself so have to pace self (if not who care?)


5th Mar (Tue) 

Initially was over the moon that I didn’t have to cook this entire week as she need not go to school on Thursday and Friday (except for her test on Friday afternoon) and then it’s an early term break for her. Bought her bread from Breadtalk. When I picked her up from school she told me she’ll not have PE on Tuesday 😧 …..

Cooked the easiest meal for her the night before🤭 and this sums up her Term 1 meals



No comments: