Thursday, March 28, 2024

On This Day - (28th Mar) #Reminders from FB#

28th Mar 2024


28th Mar 2023

Some days when we're out, l'd ask che-che if she wants to drive. Sometimes she don't feel like it or wants to do something at backseat.

Some days, there'll be reasons she wants to drive apart from the time/s I want to eat something so l can't drive.

Her 2 reasons so far : -

  1. "I'm soooooo bored. I want to drive."
  2. "I dowan to hold the eggs, so I'll drive." ๐Ÿคฃ
  3. "ok! Ok I'll drive."

28th Mar 2023
* with both girls 

After therapy... brought the girls out to where they want to go. Bad move when I leave choice/s to them.

Coz we end up in ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต -land.

๐Ÿ˜‚


I used to like to hang around this area.

See pictures also gian



Che-che has been listening to their songs.

And to my surprise she's learnt some Japanese words.

I even caught her practice writing on her iPad. Not bad!

Not bad! She's picking up.


So here's the next challenge - try to read a book. We saw this book in Japan last year. But then she wasn't

into the boy band = didn't learn any Japanese at all so

didn't bother picking up the book.

#onlinetranslatoranddictionarytotherescue#


Ehh... don't bother counting how many ใ‚‰ใƒผใ‚ใ‚“ she had



And lil' one's soba. My chicken

We went from Kinokuniya to Great World City just for this ๐Ÿคฃ


 picked up Economist for self. Haven't read this for quite some time. I used to subscribe to this and a few other magazines for che-che who loves to read anything and everything




28th Mar 2022

The day I went out without checking inside my wallet ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Che-che wanted to eat here and when I went up with them to the stall. I was ๐Ÿ˜ฑ . I only hv about $19 left, tho it probably won't exceed that amt but I wasn't sure what lil' one wanted to eat (she had lunch in school so wasn't that hungry but said wanted something) + my own meal. If they exceed theirs means I have to either skip or order cheaper food.

We went up to check if they accepted Grab (nope!) n I whispered "work within the budget ๐Ÿคฃ." (They have paynow. Che-che told me much later) I have $50 in the car, after I learnt my lesson (tagging Loh Moo Han you will know what it is abt) but I wasn't going to walk back in the heavy rain again.

2nd stop : Project Aรงai - accepts online payment

3rd stop : Kim Choo - They only accept Shopback n something else n cash. I don't have those 2 apps.

The girls were happily taking the prawn crackers and I had to remind them and asked them to calculate coz that's all I have - $50+. They were hesitant if they should take 2 keropok. Staff overheard our conversation n was smiling at us, the borlui people.

Che-che ordered her nonya chang and since still had spare $, ordered one more.

I came back home with only $9 left. Haha!

Reminder to self, always check how much I have in wallet before leaving the house.


This lil' joker was saying she wanted to order soup. So we thought she wanted noodle soup like her sister. Then she got all of us confused. I told her she can take her sister's soup what... we all laughed at her coz we thought she wanted to order food. J said she'll give her a bowl for free no need to pay. After that she came and said they put in some chicken for her. So nice right?Very sweet gesture, so thankful. J rejected my offer to pay them, i also feel paiseh coz they have a biz to run. I swear they didn't hear me whisper "work within the budget" or maybe they pity the skinny girl like she ๆฒกๅƒ้ฅญ。

In actual fact she cited coz we've been their regulars so this small bowl is nothing at all.



This girl will always tell me "I haven't had uncle wanton for so long already."

I really wonder if less than a month is that long? I went in Feb here to tapao food then another time after that I went to Roxy. So it's definitely less than a month.



Huge bottle of keropok ×2. Tmrw must boil chrysanthemum for them already.



28th Mar 2012 

Jas, remember we swopped our uniform? It was so fun


Footnote : A comment on 28th Mar 2020 :- 

The fun thing we did in 1995, 26yrs ago.

Think it was uncle who helped us take this pic right?



28th Mar 2020
If only they will livestream the concert we're going to miss in April.
Unlikely so coz there's supposedly to have foreign guest artists ๐Ÿ˜ญ



28th Mar 2015


I thought we had no chance to pay our last respect, so went to the Tribute Ctr yesterday.

By God's grace, my deliveries all arrived early so I was able to leave the house early.

And..so coincident we bump into my bro n SIL on the walk there.


Waiting time : 2hrs!


28th Mar 2015

Aiyoh..our kids so so cute. Can pinch their cheeks..



28th Mar 2012


Jules, do u remember u sending this pic over to me?

And she's such a beautiful young lady now



Footnote : Julia was someone I knew since Secondary school. Their school band came to KC to perform in 1991 or 1992. At that time, there wasn’t any email or WhatsApp so we kept in contact via snail mail. Initially I kept in contact with her and another girl, but Julia kept her mails coming in. 
I felt bad when I couldn’t make it for her wedding while I was in SQ. We had to apply leave many many months before. There was no such thing as taking annual leave with a short notice. Also I already had booked my leave and flights etc.. for my holiday was already booked. When she came to Singapore for her honeymoon, I was on vacation in Melbourne. Haha! Talk about star crossed lovers who never get to meet ๐Ÿฅฐ. I was rostered for a MEL flight months later and met up with her and her husband. They kindly picked me up from the hotel and brought me to their house in Geelong for the night. I remember it was winter coz they passed me a portable radiator to put in the room. I never got a chance to meet her after that but kept in contact via email and then later Facebook. I hope I’ll be able to meet up with her soon. Ashlee is such a big girl now. 


28th Mar 2012

Membership CONFIRMED

Welcome to the TEO BLIND BAT FAMILY






No comments: