Thursday, October 26, 2023

Y1 T4 : Home -cooked lunch

Skinny girl kept complaining she has to usually join the long queue and rush through her food that she's been asking me to pack food for her on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Actually it's a good training ground for her to finish her food quickly, right? *evil laughter* 

Her friends always bring bread to school.    Anyway, being the doting mom I just had to make some sacrifices (wake up early) and effort to prepare her a proper meal. 

Week 2 : 10th Oct (Tue) - Mee Hoon Kueh
Since she had mee hoon kueh the day before, I kept some for her lunch the next day. Very troublesome, I had to pack in two thermos containers to separate the kueh from the soup. 
Verdict : bad choice. Kueh was a little hard by afternoon. 
Obviously it was so troublesome in cooking and packing this that I didn't have time to take any photo. Had to get it out before she leaves the house  

12th Oct (Thu) - Soba
Her all time favourite! Was just a day before when I realised I wouldn't have time to pack food for her the next day coz I'd have to go back home after exercise for a shower, then leave home again for my LR in Tampines's Browhaus. Suggested that I'll cook soba for her, all I need to do the next day is to pack the soba container with ice pack and pour the prepared soy dashi sauce into another thermos flask.    

Week 3 : 17th Oct (Tue) - Fish Porridge
Easy peasy coz I had the rice soaked in water the night before with the seasoning in it. Just cook in the morning, it'll be much faster. Slice fish was thawed the day before, and since I slept late (or early), I brought the fish out on the kitchen top to thaw further.  


Aricia Ting In memory of the spoon (. (Photo taken this morning)

After school > "Mummy the spoon is missing. I dunno where…... and did you use the expensive spoon?"

"My WMF spoon!"

"Next time you just pack for me the disposable spoon." ( me thinking next time don't pack any cutlery for her. 🤦🏻‍♀️)


Week 4 : 19th Oct (Thu)
Wasn't feeling well to go for FightDo class, woke up feeling dizzy and asked hubby to help send her to school and I plonked back into bed. Heartless girl - she wasn't concerned about how her mom felt but simply asked "what about my lunch?!" Almost want to smack that girl for being so selfish, she's lucky her mother didn't have much strength this morning to raise that hand across her face.  

24th Oct (Tue)
ToriQ chicken and egg. Boiled egg the night before, peeled and soaked in ToriQ sauce. All I had to do in the morning is to cook rice in Ms Thermie and popped the marinated chicken and egg in the oven. 

She wanted food in her "cat cat container". Did explain that food might not be hot at 1pm, 5hrs later. 



Disposable cutleries

Cooking needs planning. It isn't as bad as during CB when I had to sit down one day and do the menu planning and then gather all the ingredients that I need. So when she asked for rice, it means I'll have rice for their dinner too. As I was lazy to bring down the huge rice cooker for that mere bowl of rice to keep it warm till evening, I decided to explore using the slow cooker. THAT was a MISTAKE! The rice was crispy. Haha! I'll have to try to use the thermos container the next time.  


26th Oct (Thu)
2 people are waiting for me to pack their lunch for them. Mom and her! Packed Mee Rebus from Qiji for them. But it's not exactly a luxury waiting for her. I have no idea what time she finishes her class, so always need to wait outside her school at least half an hour before class ends. Yah, waiting under the hot sun as I can't leave the car engine running. Suffer just coz of her. When I pack lunch for them, usually I can only drop by mom's after I passed the food to lil' one.   




No comments: