Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Mango agar agar

Tenant gave us 2 boxes of Wijaya mangoes on 28th Sep (Thu). I gave mom a box to share with bro. And another box I shared half of it (6) with MH


1st Oct (Sun)

Cut 3 and put them in the airtight container. Wow! The taste is just so unique from other mango that I’ve had before. 


3rd Oct (Tue) @5+pm started to make my first mango agar agar. First time to use Ms Thermie too as a blender. Wow! Why didn’t I buy it sooner? 








4th Oct @8+pm started making my second agar agar. Second batch coz I added sugar so I didn’t try. The salt for coconut, I did put a little more. Mom can taste the coconut, she says it’s nice. Mom n SIL don’t put salt in their coconut agar agar. But I thought coconut all the while must put salt? 








The recipe I took is from youtube. Account : 1228 Cooking
And here's the link to the video 

This is extracted from the additional information that she gave. The adjustment I made is in RED

Delicious mango coconut agar agar jelly dessert. 

Ingredients 

Bottom layer
1 mango.         ] blended together into puree
1 orange juice ] 1/4 cup water
3-4 tbsp sugar  3 tbsp sugar
4 g agar agar powder
250ml water

Add water into saucepan together with sugar n agar powder. Mix thoroughly. Bring over to stove top to boil while stirring continuosly. When boil add mango puree. When sides start to bubble Turn off heat immediately. Pour into individual moulds or into one big mould. Leave to cool until set.

White santan layer
350ml water
3-4 tbsp sugar (adjust to individual need)
A pinch of salt
4g agar agar powder

200ml thick coconut milk

Mix all 4 ingredients together thoroughly. Bring to stove top. Turn on heat, when start to boil Turn down heat Add 200 ml coconut milk, stir until completely combined. Turn off heat. Pour over mango layer. When cooled to chill in the fridge.




No comments: