Sunday, October 1, 2023

Keto restart

 25th Sep (Mon)

 ⏱️ Day 1 restarto: slowly and gradually weaning off the sugar (eaten deliberately • or hidden) and carbs. Only to be told off (in a nice way) by the guy at chicken rice stall - "you're in Singapore, everything sure have sugar in it." Sigh…… looks like it’s time to get the recipe for chicken rice chilli and keto-fy it. 

To myself - 頑張って!To that better slimmer figure I once had from keto! 


昼ご飯 

2 pax portion chicken breast + 1 small portion of roasted pork + 1 egg 

Monetary damage : $16


晩ご飯

Found my bulk- cooking lemongrass chicken which is I dunno how many months old. I hope I don't die from whatever poisoning. 


26th Sep (Tue)

 ⏱️ Day 2 : Not really a good girl today. But usually I'd do it gradually, starting from low carb and I'll avoid sugar if I can but if I'm naughty, I'll take a little of sugar. I do not want to shock my body with a sudden extreme cut in carbs. Maybe it poses no problem at all, just my stupid logic thinking (or so I thought I am logical) 

Had some fries at Panda Land and took a small bite of lil' one's Panda chocolate bun for break at 11am. 

Had jasmine green tea drink at The Cat Cafe, just coz I heard wrongly thinking it was green tea. Opened my can and drank without looking and the taste is considered sweet for me. Strange huh? I never liked to take a second look at Jasmine Green Tea since I started keto 2 years back. 

So we had a late lunch at Vivo City at 3+. Initially I wanted to order Pepper Lunch but the vegetarian bee hoon stall was calling me. Haha! 

Dinner - lil' one ordered ramyeon but couldn't finish so I gladly ate the remaining. Haven't had ramyeon for a very long long time. 



27th Sep (Wed)

 ⏱️ Day 3 restarto: 
I forgot what I ate!!!! OMG! This should teach me a lesson to take pictures and journal it down. I guess I was busy with extra load of housework and was trying to clear some pictures in my phone that this was out of my mind - didn't want any extra pictures when I'm still dealing with 29K ++++ photos in my camera roll. Argh!



 28th Sep (Thu)
 ⏱️ Day 4 restarto:  

Not a breakfast person, but coz' lil' one was with me so I'm obliged to feed her. And then I had to feed myself too. Thank goodness she asked for toasted bread today, I can't imagine if she asked to go Macs. I can do special order there but I'd be TOO FULL after that to exercise. 

Breakfast : 2 plain eggs. (I forgot to pack my black soy sauce. Now wondering where I left those sauce containers??) + tea o kosong

Lunch : Had korean BBQ. I stole a few pieces of kimchi and cucumber kimchi. Ordered the pork offal for self and ate together with lettuce + chilli (definitely have a little sugar in it). Really yummy. Drank some seaweed soup and the staff was nice to change my ice lemon tea to barley tea when I told her I have to avoid sugar.

Dinner : OMG! what did I have for dinner?? All I remembered was coz we returned home late, hubby helped packed dinner for lil' one and I declined. 
Maybe I had nothing but the leftover toasted bread and a J.co donut.   
  

29th Sep (Fri)

 ⏱️ Day 5 restarto: 

Lunch : 3 Teriyaki burgers without the buns. OMG! I forgot to tell staff to change it to bunless for me. Going keto can make a person broke. $4.60 for one x 3 = $13.80 for just the teriyaki chicken, some lettuce and dab of mayo and it's not sustainable. Meaning I get hungry again very quickly.

Dinner : Order x2 pax portion of roasted pork + 2 eggs. Still had some leftovers pork

$15 + 2 (eggs) = $17


  

30th Sep (Sat)

 ⏱️ Day 6 restarto: 

Hubby bought roti prata. So I finished all 3 kosong pratas + 1 sunny side up egg. Indian curry is keto safe as they only use spices to make their curry. Of course the flour for prata is a cheat. But if I want to convince myself I'm doing ok, I'll think about the ghee they use. Ghee has more fats than butter so it's better. That reminds me I actually have MCT Oil at home and the collagen powder I bought in the US. Argh!! I hope the collagen powder has not gone past its expiry date.

Dinner is everyone's fav - mookata!!! I didn't order 4 plates of pork like I used to. Halved the order and gave 3 slices to hubby. 


Brought my own keto friendly mookata sauce. I really miss the old mookata sauce I used to have. Supplier don't bring that in anymore and I can't seem to find it in BKK's keto shop also. Sigh......


1st Oct Sep (Sun)

 ⏱️ Day 7 restarto: 

Woke up late at close to 12pm. Insomnia so many weeks already, mind is just so active (still) at 4am. If only my slimming metabolism is as active as my mind. Actually it’s always good to sleep early to maintain a good habit. Just that lil’ one has been sleeping later and later on school days that I indirectly keep myself awake to be with her (from another room). I think I should heck care about her! 

Lunch : 

Hubby is supportive. When I go keto or not, he’ll know what to buy for me. So today’s lunch is kuay chap without the kuay. He remembered to add porky meat. Skin can eat coz it’s fatty. Just make sure don’t drink the gravy which has soy sauce and rock sugar in it.  

Everytime I eat this, I tell myself I should bulk cook this one day. Never seem to get down into action. I’m just so lazy. 

Had my lunch with my keto friendly kopi + whipping cream + lakanto. I’m not a kopi person, I prefer tea but since the machine is wasted on the kitchen space I’ll make full use of it. 

Rant about kopi : keep it as clean as possible. No milk powder 


cold brew is another alternative although it is not exactly clean in sugar. The 0.2g per serving comes from chicory root which is keto friendly. 
I normally just get the Lungo $0.68/capsule for lungo   
ingredients in lil’ one’s Caramel Macchiato

ingredients in my kopi. Only kopi beans.


came across this app and decided to download it. Documenting this down in the blog as well for future reference. 



out of curiosity, I checked on her Caramel Macchiato

and mine. I was hoping it's Graded A but oh well.... still not too bad at Grade B . I chose to try to keep my food clean, I'm not starving myself in order to try to slim down BUT what the heck have I been feeding myself with all these years?   

Hubby also bought this unsweetened chin-chow for me. This stall usually indicates with a rubber tied looped around the cup; the other will mark with a "0" on the top with a marker. 
I tried the normal chin-chow about 2wks back and not used to the taste now. Will just stick back to non-sweetened chin chow even when I'm not watching my sugar and carb intake. 


Dinner :
Have to eat my leftover roasted pork from Fri. Thankfully hubby bought more today so I can have some. The advantage of getting roasted pork as a meal is that I can keep it for the next meal's consumption when I get too full. 


Happy with my meals ! Some keto; some not. Oh wells…..need to start somehow. And then before I do a proper strict keto, I’ll have to fly off again 😂😂. I’m just so done! Why I put on weight so easily? Why my tummy bulge out like a preggie woman? F#%^! lah! 

Don't think I'll document next week's and the following weeks' meals. I'll just take pictures and keep them in the hard disk for recording purposes. 

No comments: