Monday, August 31, 2026

Japan's Secret 5th Season - Part II

Let’s skip ‘Part 1’ because we all know itinerary planning is always the first step of any holiday. 

Welcome to Part 2 : checking my leftover ¥, mostly to see if I can finally buy a rural Japanese house like what E joked about my frequent trips to NGO (still not as often as FUK 😜) if I was going back to my house to collect rental. 🤣😂

So I checked my Revolut account and somehow I have more money in JPY than in SGD 🤣. With ¥505,000 (roughly around S$4021), I can buy a run down rural Akita house - probably haunted by a friendly old couple. Plus I still have ¥60,000+ cash and ¥15,000 on my Suica card. 


There's no way we're spending S$500 a day on this short trip! (But I have a shopaholic girl with me ….so yah I need to be mentally prepared I’ll return home broke.) Thus the amount I have in Revolut is definitely more than enough for this trip. Six out of our eight major expenses (75%) are already fully paid for, so we only need cash for the remaining two. We aren't doing a massive souvenir haul this time either coz I did it last year—though I definitely still have to grab Mom’s favorite beef furikake because she always asks for it! 🤣 And perhaps all my ah-soh cleaning stuffs if the luggage space permits? 


But coz exchange rate is still quite alright - ¥125.53 so bought another ¥100,000 (S$796.62) making it around S$4815 in equivalent. I always keep JPY coz we travel to Japan quite regularly 


Getting ready part 3 - Praying hard to ti gong and guangyin bor pi for clear skies! ☀️ Please let it rain only when we are back in the hotel. I really need this trip to go smoothly. 

With the future so uncertain, every trip counts, and this might be our last chance to visit. I really want to make this a beautiful and memorable trip for lil’ one.

No comments: