When I first saw those huge boxes of peaches at Tampopo, my immediate reaction was, 'Is it peach season?' They look incredible, but paying $30-plus for a single fruit is just crazy to me. I’ve been eyeing them for weeks whenever I pop into Don Don Donki after our weekend lunches at Jewel, and I've been so tempted to make peach jelly.
I miss Okayama’s hakuto peaches. The first time che-che ate peaches. Muahaha! The moment this girl starts eating even one bite of fruits is the day I should buy lottery lor! 😂. She loves Miyazaki’s mangoes, Sakurajima’s oranges.Expensive taste huh?
For information
Peach season in Japan generally runs from mid-June thru late September, with the peak summer harvest happening across July and August.
Timeline of the Season
- Early Season (Late June – Early July): Early varieties like Hatsuhime hit the markets, offering juicy and aromatic flesh.
- Peak Season (Mid-July – Mid-August): The best time for iconic white peach (Hakuto) and Hakuhouvarieties, famous for an abundance of sweet juice.
- Late Season (Late August – September): Golden peaches (Ougon) and firmer late-ripening types become available.
Then suddenly peach jelly pops up in Instagram 🤭 . So gorgeous the light pink hue.
KIV this in here so that I can refer back for the recipe next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment