Friday, August 11, 2023

On this Day - (11th Aug) #Reminders from FB#

11th Nov 2022

A place I grew up in.

A place my girls attend their schools and their have their enrichment lessons here.

Ironically I was also assigned to the bank branch in

this area where I worked for a year plus. #还是跑不了

加东这个地区#

It is walkable to the beach from our home. It wasn't a far walk to the beach then. From old Katong Mall to now 112, we had our family portrait taken in a studio there. The girls remember a bouncy castle. Saw the beginnings of Parkway Parade to the current PP.

Many trips to Cold Storage at Amber, where once my sister after having spent all the money on me for my birthday made me walk home from there to Telok Kurau S. Red building along East Coast Road, the old laksa where the uncles would scoop our noodles from the huge pot, seated on wooden chairs and eating from the round marble table. Kim Choo - would go to the one at Joo Chiat. Old Katong Shopping Centre and just so many many more fond memories of this place.

Just feels nice to be back here.




11th Aug 2019

3 kids with braces, all eating like dinosaurs


有前途! My daughter makes a good surgeon.

Taking out "eee…...the black black thing"

My slap head 🤦🏻‍♀️ moment





11th Aug 2017

When the girl comes back to the table n told me (so happily) that they sell Tempura soba





End of her meal. I told her she could have just asked the aunty to boil the prawns instead of deep frying.





11th Aug 2014

Socks high high, look like 日本人




11th Aug 2013

She asked me to bake. I looked at her. Then I suggested to put the DIY topper coz I don't hv the time to do fondant figurines. Then daddy suggested

"buy cheeseburger". Hahaha! That's the funniest thing I heard but its really practical right?!



11th Aug 2012


A girlfriend asked to define CHILDHOOD in our context. Here's mine with some slight adjustments made. Pls do not take offence with what I write, it may not be how you feel but ...no hard feelings.

CHILDHOOD AT OUR TIME:

C - climb trees; play goli

H - hopscotch; five stones

1-I know to + -x divide very good already

L-longkang fishing is very fun

D - dinner finish, ice-cream man come in his van

H - homework is unheard of

O - only in popular schools (maybe)

O - opticians very free

D - D grade in report book. Mummy says "nvr mind last time mummy nvr go school also can find work".


CHILDHOOD FOREVER NOW:

C - classes after classes

H - heuristics? What's that? Last time I only learn +-x divide

I -  in thing is x-box (wah..climb trees can burn calories, now kids keep fit at home)

L- lunch in car after school so can rush to class

D - drill n drill method which are equally confusing to us now. Dont be surprise our kids do better than us.

H - holiday time means more workshops classes to attend after their holiday overseas

O - Oh my! Mummy said she couldn't eat n sleep when she registered me for P1. Now I must study hard if not I cannot eat n sleep

O - opticians very busy now. More kids are myopic.

D - D grade in report book. We say "u die! I send you for more classes, if not next time u cannot find job".



11th Aug 2010


Collected our tix today - one and only event we're going.













No comments: