Friday, August 7, 2026

On This Day - 7th Aug #Reminders from FB#

7th Aug 2025

The foreign workers here are so humble, polite and respecttul. Honestly I've never come across any rude snobbish workers, really unlike our people who thinks they are king.

Perhaps it's them being appreciative of the opportunities to work here that made them so humble and courteous.

Was at KFC and these 2 foreign workers, one of them look like a leader/foreman, picked up their food same time as me. They wanted me to go before them at the self-serve drink, so polite but it's ok coz they were infront of me. I looked at their tray with 6 pieces of crispy skin chicken and my pathetic burger and jokingly said their chicken skin looks so tempting n l feel like peeling it off and eat. The junior worker was holding two cups, and he also offered me to go first.

After that he reached out my cup and asked me what I want. He wanted to help me 😂. I declined, lied to him I'm still deciding on what to drink.

I'm fine, I feel we're equal there's no need to serve me drinks but that got me thinking how humble and polite they were. Whether the foreign workers are out under the sun building the homes that you and I live in, repairing roads, rescuing the lady who dropped into the manhole, rushing first to help kids caught in the burning building, cleaning our streets etc... Let's not forget them while Singapore is going to celebrate our 60th birthday in 2 days time. I love the view of our skyscrapers when we approach ✈️ SIN and it's all thanks to them who toiled under the sun. Of course us celebrating our achievements is also coz of our leaders.


7th Aug 2022


7th Aug 2013


7th Aug 2013

Che-che was having her PE when I stepped into the school. Took a few pics, this is the only one I took without showing any of her classmates’ face (except hers). 
Added some captions to it. 



7th Aug 2010
The kids had an enjoyable day. And they’re sleeping with their balloons tonight - no space for mummy to squeeze in between. 


7th Aug 2010

Thank you teachers for all that you’ve done for our kids. 







7th Aug 2010

*Added photos into the National Day Celebration album 





Footnote written in 2022 : 
All our cuties have become young adults 


Footnote written in 2022 : 

So cute these kiddos






No comments: