Wednesday, August 12, 2026

On This Day - (12th Aug) #Reminders from FB#

12th Aug 2025

๐Ÿ˜ญ



12th Aug 2025

It's always japanese for the girls


My dish.

I started my cooking so enthusiastically with the music pumping up the mood. Wanted to cook 2 dishes for self

- sukiyaki mushroom and a miso eggplant. Easy right?

But then ... my enthusiasm died down as fast as the shinkansen that went by, I decided that cutting the eggplant into smaller pieces and throwing it into the same pot (was frying the mushrooms then) is faster than mixing the miso marinade and baking it.


The girls are lucky to have 2 dishes, or maybe not coz their mother is a horrible cook.

After removing the yellow onion from their sukiyaki chicken. Not sure if lil' one will eat the shiitake mushroom coz she's as tao-hong aka change mind as fast as her mummy ๐Ÿ˜‚, so only put 2 pieces.


Their onion into my plate.

Honestly I used to hate yellow onions and would always pass my yellow onion to hubby, and he often make a remark that I say to my girls now ๐Ÿ˜‚. Took me years later to start enjoying yellow onions, maybe my girls will take years before they start eating?


Looks crispy but still not as nice as restaurants and my friends cook. Need to improve.

It's been a long long long long long time since I cooked agedashi tofu



And the plating is done! ๐Ÿ˜‚ so fast!

Just coz they don't eat the flakes, the onion and daikon


Chicken shared by them. This is only che-che's tofu. Will get ready lil' one's ่ฑ†่… when she's home

Lil' one's

I wanted to discard the excess sauce after pouring some into the plate coz it was too much but she wanted it, so l poured all into the plate.

She really drank the sauce after that ๐Ÿคฃ. I dunno if her dish is tofu with sauce or sauce with tofu.



12th Aug 2025

Time to cook !




12th Aug 2022

Sitting here in Macs and now I realised that I'm the only one sitting in the opposite direction. Macam I'm the interviewer like that ๐Ÿ˜‚. All the other lone diners at their own table somehow seated in the same direction. Is it coincidental? Is it a psychological thing where ppl wants privacy and not been seen (can see their backs but not their face).

Well...just a thought. Maybe I'm reading too much into this.


Footnote written in 2023 :

That was the time her Fridays are short days in school, so I send her to and fro school. And this year, at this time, she’s at home and ready to fly off in 5 days time. 



12th Aug 2021


2nd day only and she's sick of food already.

Unhealthy fast food to her rescue




12th Aug 2021

This is what happened when your kid leaves her books files under her desk.

Trip to the classroom to pick it them up.

Now so sianz..already miss almost 3/4 of class n nowhere near home ...also no mood to exercise ไบ†。


Ah girl ah....

Otw Otw



12th Aug 2016

Lil' one just went into the room. May all the Gods in every religion bless her. May the examiner be deaf and pass her.



12th Aug 2011


Jialat! Had to change my iPhone. Then now all calendar, memos, notes n those I didn't / couldn't backup since last sync all gone. Friends who hunt SMS-ed me their contact number since my last cry over lost contacts, pls do so. Those who did, I did a paper backup weeks ago.



12th Aug 2009

*posted by Nicole*





No comments: