Tuesday, October 18, 2022

The consequences of temp stopping keto

I haven’t been diligently counting my macros for the longest time this year, was just being careful with what I eat and the occasional cheat keto (eg. KFC, chawanmushi etc..). I didn’t put on any weight neither did I go down much BUT I felt equally good knowing what I put inside me. 

Things changed when I decided to stop keto about 2weeks before my birthday, sometime around mid Sep. Initially there was the headache and some discomfort but it got better. Not good news which means it took such a short time for me to kick out of keto as compared to a year before. 

5 weeks have gone and it’s obvious I’ve put on weight. My bulging pregnant tummy came back, my jeans is just fitting to the waist, my face have puffed up a little, my ring finger which is the most reliant evidence has swelled up with water retention. Makes removing my rings harder. So that’s a good gauge that I’ve gained. 

I think I shall be a good girl and just be careful with what I eat after I return from Vietnam and before I leave for Japan in December. Won’t be counting macros but sometimes just being careful with the sugar and carbs and the keto seasonings will help me a little, until I think next year 2023 I shall be good and be extremely strict on myself and target to lose more weight as compared to my attempt in 2021. 

Sometimes too many good food in Singapore is so hard for me to resist temptation. I’m not a good cook to ketofy dishes so I guess occasionally I need that half day cheat to satisfy my greedy palate. 

No comments: