Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Stupid washing machine!

5th Oct

*Minor Crisis*
Wasn’t sure how clean my clothes are coz I only noticed the drum not rolling when it was at the last stage so I decided to pop by the 24hrs laundry 400m from me. 
I was trying to pry open the detergent cover but nope it doesn’t work here. $5 for this wash. And let’s see how many rounds I need to put in the dryer later on. 
Useless washing machine! My previous one in Panggol house lasted me the whole time I was there & slightly longer, current one since the time we moved here.


 I had to use the dryer twice. I spent in total less than $10. But feels shiok when I went home with the laundry all heated and folded up. Then I start to wonder if I should also get a dryer for home. keke! wishful thinking lor..... if we stack up the dryer in the laundry room, I'll have no place to put the detergent and stuffs inside. Moreover our hanging rack has a heater feature also. 

11th Oct
Planned my laundry in such a way that I'll get it done when lil' one is not at home. So sent laundry to nearest laundromat near school, after I sent her in for her last POA paper 
Love this huge mamasan bag. Good for travel use. Good for days like this - huge laundry to keep.



Finished doing the laundry at 3.09pm. Spent about 1hr 15minuts in there and $21 poorer. Time passed quickly especially when I was talking to a mak-cik instead of reading. 
Though I kindda like the idea of having a dryer to dry all the clothes and only need to put them in the cabinet when we reach home, I'm still looking forward to having a washing machine at home.

13th Oct
Arrived! But OMG! They can't put it inside. The basin is in the way by I think 1cm? Honestly I think the young people are just too lazy to try. So fast they said cannot, I noticed the previous time the guys took quite some time to manoeuvre/move the machine in; climbing in to pull the machine and then jumping out and then climbing in again etc..  
But anyway, I did have the intention to hack the basin since I hardly use it, I only use the shower head to wash the yard area when I do a thorough cleaning there, so can't stop the water supply there. 

I will need to find somebody to help me do up the carpentry works. Hubby mentioned that since the house is going to be dirty, might as well just do the kitchen top as well (since I always complain about the lousy solid surface top the developer gave us). That sounds like a good idea but I can't help but distress over the fact that I'd be the only one who have to unpack the cabinets; clean the dusty house during renovation and pack the cabinets. Not forgetting too, the days where I have to look at basins, kitchen tops, all the reno work sourcing + chauffeuring the girls.   

Initially the man wanted them to put the machine where the vacumn cleaner is. I'm against it as it'll be taking up a space there. In his opinion, he says we can leave everything outside into the laundry room. Wah..... his agaration damn bad siah..... he thinks he can put the ironing board; vacumn cleaner; the cleaning stuffs shelf; the stupid extra trolley shelf ; the tons of laundry stuffs all into that tiny room?? Luckily the guys said the piping there is not suitable for the machine. Phew!   

Washing machine is now at a weird space-consuming position which makes my fat butt difficult to walk through in the yard. and makes opening the machine door so difficult. The only good thing I like is I can leave the clothes on the machine while I hang them up. 


Why do things always come to me just when I thought I have time to relax and do nothing?!?! Decided that since I can't really source or approach any companies now as I'd be leaving for Vietnam in 6 days time, I'll just source for design ideas online. The space is rather small so perhaps not much design I can do also.

25th Oct
After I got back from Vietnam, hubby told me he has to go Bangkok in November and asked when the girls are free. Everyone except che-che is free so we're going with him. 
It's not like I can find a company and they can start work immediately. I also want to source for a new 2-burner stove, a metal sink. Designer probably needs to come over to do measurement also and give quotation, so yah... it's not a simple of just finding one and getting job done in 2 weeks. We're back from BKK for only 15 days before we fly off to Japan. I really can't do anything until after CNY 2023. CNY is on 22nd Jan and many renovation companies would also 收工. Meanwhile will have to tahan the eyesore in the yard area and the mess in the laundry room.





No comments: