Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Part 2 of her finals weeks

I forgot to prepare encouragement cards for her earlier first part of her finals in September. Click here for the extremely short blog posting

PART 2 of her finals just after a week of study break. 

DAY 01 - 4th Oct (Tuesday) 
8am - 10.30am (extra time 30mins included) : MA1
2.30pm - 4pm (extra time 30mins included) : POA1

Encouragement card + sweets from the temple 

Hung her Gelatoni on her water bottle for her. This is what she will see on her table. Comforting? 


Packed her requested soba for her break in between papers 

 Second card to spur her on 



Made a trip to BTRT after dropping both girls in school. 去拜拜 

At the same time to 摆脱师姐 to help me with lighting the lamps for me on a daily basis until next Tuesday. 


DAY 02 - 5th October (Wednesday)  
8am - 9.30am (extra 15mins included) : CHEM
2.30pm - 5pm (extra 30mins included) : MA2

Encouragement card for Day 02

Rushed through cooking her spaghetti with prawns and fishcake (her weird request)



With time to spare after dropping her in school, dropped by temple again. I dunno why, but something tells me I should just drop by today. I’m glad I did. I couldn’t find the lamp I asked them to help me put at 4th floor, so asked around until I realised someone did it and put it in the main hall. 


Words written in my untidy handwriting

Said Chem is a little hard but Math (her archilles heel) is manageable and easier than Prelims. Ok, remain positive. May her results also be good, may there bea bell curve for Chemistry.  

DAY 03 - 6th Oct (Thursday)
2.30pm -  4.35pm (extra time 25mins included) : GEOG

Encouragement card and treats + sweets from temple 

She was so tired in the morning so sent her back to bed to Zzzzz . Cham lah! Today must bor-bi bor-bi 保佑🙏  more. 师姐 helped me this morning 

Asked her to sleep in the car on the drive to school. My goodness! Why is she so tired? She slept well last night. I hope it’s not her anxiety causing disruption to her sleep.
She told me that she took a nap while waiting in school and her Geog teacher asked if she wants to get a cup of coffee which she did and said it helped her a little. I shall prepare coffee for her to bring to school tomorrow – another afternoon paper. The paper is easier than prelims, she chose the correct question so I’m hoping she gets the results that she deserves. She made the wrong choice of question during her prelims which made her lose a lot of marks. Sigh….. 

While revising for next day’s Biology paper, she kept moving from her room to dining area. She brought out her Gelatoni with her, actually very 订位 for me but no choice I had to 忍 .



DAY 04 - 7th October (Friday)
2.30pm – 4pm (extra 15mins included) : BIO
Time flies, it’s the second last paper. Helps that she’s only taking 6 subjects, but after minus–ing her MT, EL and SS she only need to sit for 7 papers. 
I‘m enjoying this birthday a little more coz I don’t have to bother about her last paper next Tuesday. Finally a year where I can relax a little as for so many years the girls are either preparing for exams or having some sort of exams that I have no mood on my birthday at all. 


Encouragement card with fish snack. She finished the whole pack while revising for Biology


Prepared her Caramel Machiatto the night before and chilled it in the fridge. Poured into her thermos flask in the late morning. Her Gelatoni goes into her pencil case today. 

Cooked mee hoon kueh for both her and Che-che’s lunch. Another dreadful afternoon paper so she took forty winks in the car. (I’m beginning to hate afternoon papers. Plus it’s always almost this time that she takes a short nap at home) I went from Marine Parade to Clementi then back to Marine Parade again (reached MParade just in time, so parked at VJC to wait out for her).
She’s feeling so positive over her Biology paper, citing that it’s easier than Prelims. 🤞 fingers crossed; 👀 crossed. 

Walked in PP for a while before adjourning to CoffeeBean, I needed to go for my eyelash perm appointment so settled her there. She first relaxes by watching Boys Over Flowers, an old Korean drama. 


When I came out from Browhaus, she was already doing her work. We sat there waiting for Che-Che who bused down to meet us.

They wanted to try the hotpot here. I thought she wouldn’t do anything here coz she keeps telling me that she has enough practice. But next minute I know, she brought out her paper to do some practices. I’m so worried if she’ll accidentally sweep the eraser dusts into the soup 😂 

I thought she would stop at home since we reached home late. But she continued her work though I did tell her to rest. She didn’t listen so ….. anyway she can wake up later the next day as Mr Teo will only be coming in later in the afternoon. 



SATURDAY - 8th Oct 
Basically did her own self revision. Until Mr Teo came. 


SUNDAY - 9th Oct 

Another self revision day. I’m beginning to love this relaxed bochap lifestyle, just few more weeks of totally don’t do the mother and wifey duties until when I tao-huang-siao and decide to cook. 





MONDAY - 10th October 


Encouragement card #9


Last (or perhaps not) her last chiong to secure that distinction! She was practicing and practicing before Mr Teo came. 

Last tuition with Mr Teo only 2 hours. 

Just love this on my GoodNotes. Muahaha! 



Brought her down to temple at Sengkang to 拜拜. Brought her to Compass One to relax and pack dinner coz I know she will chiong for her favourite subject today and tomorrow. 
Note to self : must remember to prepare kopi for the kopi-阿嫂. Don’t care if she can’t sleep tomorrow night after drinking コーヒー,     she can jolly well stay awake and start tidying up her study table and room 😬.
Did some practice after her dinner. This one, very self- motivated when it comes to POA.  

DAY 05 - 11th Oct (Monday) 

YES!! *jubilant dancing* 💃🏼 

Encouragement card #10 and may she get a perfect 10 score 😅



An almost daily supplements. Refuses to take Mindwise so … better than nothing at all. 
(1) The question I get asked often “does chicken essence help?” Honestly I have no idea but she likes it so I give it to her all the time during exam period
(2) pearl powder. It’s usually given to her x2 in afternoon and x2 night on normal schooldays since she had her sleepless nights, blog entry HERE. Ideally we’re suppose to give after breakfast and before bedtime, but coz I give her 泡渗虫草 in the mornings so I try not to mix them. 
(3) vitamin C to build up immunity. See this skinny girl like can collapse faint anytime 😂
I do change about the 泡参虫草,sometimes it’s the grinded ones which I haven’t packed into the capsules. 

师姐 helped me this morning 
 
Transferred her chilled kopi into her thermos flask and —>

We’re ready to go. Set off at 1.22pm for her to report at 1.45pm. 
ALL THE BEST mei-mei! 











No comments: