Friday, October 28, 2022

Atas Staycation

27th Oct (Thursday)
Che-che’s first overnight sleep in the hospital

Lobby for registration and we were then asked to go to the admission counter further to our right. 

Felt like I was in a hotel as I saw luggages behind the registration aka concierge counter. 

Got grand piano some more! 🤣

We waited at the admission area which has nice comfy lounge chairs and a wide variety of newspapers. Waited for our number to be called, which didn’t take long. When it did, it directed us to the second floor. The others are done on first floor. Naturally it took us a longer time to get to the lady, coz we didn’t understand what the instructions meant (we didn’t know abt a 2nd floor) and the guy we went to on first floor was equally blur asking if we were being attended to. I clarified that the screen showed “2nd floor” and what did that mean. 

When we finally went up, about 5-7mins later, we were greeted with more lounge sofas and a nice cozy feel. I just needed to rest my painful heels (blisters!)

No wonder this hospital is specifically catered to the tourists aka super rich people. It just doesn’t feel like a hospital at all. The hospital’s cashiers’ tills must be ringing ‘ker-ching ker-ching’ all the time that it’s fully booked. The clinic called me in the morning to confirm if she is going to do the 💉, if not they will release her room out. 

 Taken on the 2nd floor. Feel like I’m in a Conrad hotel 
We were brought to her room on the same level, same side. Huh? Are these just observation wards? 
Not bad. Clean look compared to the woody Mt Elizabeth (Orchard). Anyway, it was 16yrs ago I was last warded there, so they might have refurbished the whole place. That hospital was frequented by the rich Indonesians, not sure about now. Mt Elizabeth Novena is 10yrs old, giving the Indonesians a second choice. 

Photo taken for ID consideration. For next time when I’m old and need safety bars everywhere. Haha! 
Another view from the seating area. So in the case of having a companion to sleep over, is this the place (where I’m seated) they sleep? 

When I was with her, nurse came to take her blood pressure. 
Passed her a good ordering tablet as well. She didn’t know what to order, said nothing to eat. There are food! Just told her to not eat the vegetables. She couldn’t do a customisation here, worst than fast food restaurant but I don’t care. I didn’t want to pamper her to buy food for her. She HAS to eat what is available in the hospital.  
Hubby asked me if we should buy some food for her. I explained that it’s time that she cannot fuss too much over her food, though we don’t expect miracle to happen overnight, but she needs to know it’s not going to help her being so fussy all the time. The man, who always get angry over her fussiness and said not to buy her meals the next time, always end up doing so just coz he dotes his children. 讲讲而已、他不像我这么缺德 .
When I was having my dinner, I think wonder if I should get her some bread? But later she’ll complain that I make so much fuss right? So to avoid getting scolded for being concerned, I decided not to get her anything. I don’t think it’ll be that bad right. And when it happens, let her deal with it. 

Still worried about her even though she’s in Singapore (I can’t imagine how I’d feel when she’s in USA) and checked on her. 

She messaged me at 9+ hungry and asked if she can order food. So many eateries are closing at that time, I wasn’t sure if Starbucks is still opened. I did ask her to ask the nurse for biscuits and Milo, not sure if she did.  

The next day, I went alone to do the discharge for her since they only allowed “one person at a time”
Her study stuffs on the study table, ready to keep about an hour later. She was in her ‘home clothes’ the whole time, didn’t change to hospital gown.

Her lunch came, which is really bland. Eeeks! 

We “checked-out” at 12.28pm. At the lobby, a guy was playing the piano entertaining the guests and patients. 




No comments: