Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Getting reports

It has been a few years since her last psycho-educational evaluation back in 2022 just before her prelims, so now we are updating her learning profile with a fresh educational psychologist report to ensure she has the right school accommodations for her tests/exams. 

Click HERE for the 2022 AA application blog entry 

As time is a constraint (again 😒. with her first exam on Aug 8th) had no choice but to go back to the same private centre. Expensive! Why my girl always make us spend so much money? 

Ms Seah is no longer working in the centre so a new principal has to meet me first to “get to know her”. Met Ms Lock on the 8th July (Wed). Both of them are so gentle, the way they speak is so similar. Ms Lock ran through her countless previous tests which took her two days to complete. Ms Lock didn’t understand and said her results doesn’t tally with how well she’s doing in school. Ok not that well well compared to normal kids but if based on her test results everyone would expect her grades are not at all desirable. “And she’s doing Accounting now which is not easy to get in.” She was surprised, very surprised when I told her she scored distinctions for both POA and Chinese. “What?! She did O levels Chinese?” Haha! Yah right so weird. Infact she usually score distinction for Geography too but because it’s combined with Social Studies so her SS/Geog grade gets pulled down. 

Explained to her that I wasn’t sure if the 2022 test results was inaccurate, if some test that she did badly may be due to her eye problem. Eye problems can cause some learning disability. 

She decided to cut short all the other tests coz she only suspect ADHD. So will do that instead. Of course my concern is whether just the ADHD report can support her AA application. Whether she takes one or many tests, it’s the same price - $2800. Wah! 太贵了, should have made her take all the tests. 😂 But if this girl is really ADHD, she is like her aunty (my sister). Well from what I read, can be genetically linked in such way. Or maybe I’m also ADHD 😂, just that I didn’t go through testings so not aware. 


Meeting the cutie girl

Picked her up from school on 16th (following Thursday) and brought her for the tests. Went into the room at 3.08pm and came out at 4+pm. She looks happier unlike the last time she came out looking like she was run under a bus. 


Online questionaire 

Just as I was wondering if they had forgotten about us, I received an email from Miss Lock on 28th (Tue) for the two of us to fill up questionnaire. 


lil’ one doing her CAARS 2 test 

What is CAARS 2? 



I’ll just have to wait for her report, hopefully soon as I need to submit to the school asap. 

No comments: