Wednesday, July 5, 2023

On This Day - (5th July) #Reminders from FB#

5th July 2021

Using the tart plate for the first time. Rather easy.

Still room for improvement. Next time I shall do something I can eat


Relatively small portion and I'm not complaining


1st set is burnt 😂 . Coz I thought should be around

3mins, so I turned it on and did some washing n didn't check in between


2nd set of tartlets

Can make about 17 tartlets 

And height is quite shallow.

Didn't pipe in Nutella, just used spoon coz I'm lazy to wash additional stuffs.



The 2 judges gave me 2 YES.



5th July 2021

😃 


5th July 2021

Che-che’s babies

快高长大

The migrated babies are growing well under the disco lights.




5th July 2019

Yesterday after picking lil' one from school we were talking about recycling. Coz lil' one is the dunno what rep, I teased her n call it the "rubbish-bin girl rep".

Che-che called her the garang-guni girl. Doing her bit for it, she's been bringing recyclables to school so Ipassed a comment that "I didn't know we could churn out so many rubbish in a day". Che-che chastised me "yah, then u say you're environmentally friendly? You should have zero waste not this"

"I didn't say I'm environment friendly, I'm merely passing a comment at the amount of things we have in a day. If not for her, I would have just junked it into the chute. I wouldn't be able to see how much rubbish we collect each day. Honestly, I wouldn't want to waste my time washing and drying the things in the kitchen top, waste water n make the kitchen so untidy. But it's a nice idea to recycle some bottles, it would be nice if we can get our groceries using our own bottles or like the anti-dandruff shampoo we buy, they should come in refillable packaging. You know this place sells organic stuffs in Orchard where you can pack it in your own bottles."

AT: "Not only this place. Some other place also." Me: "But you must see the location. If it's near our home, I'd say yes to it but you won't be expecting me to bring my bottles to make a deliberate trip to Orchard to shop right? Tho we have a car at our disposal, I'm not that free to make small trips here n there. And it's not like they have everything we need.

There should a big supermarket like NTUC size that practices this."

AT : " yah! Then why u n daddy don't bring your own bag when we do our grocery run? You're not helping.

I always don't ask for bag n put it in my schoolbag or like that time when mei mei and me went outside to buy snacks, asked her to bring her haversack so we put everything inside".

Me: "We usually buy a lot of things. The plastic bags are used again for rubbish."

AT: "Then don't use plastic. Get a bin and throw everything inside. You're using plastic for the convenience."

Me: "How can we throw everything inside? You know you all just throw everything in, liquid solid etc.. How am I going to lift the bin into the chute to throw and gotta scrub the bin daily. i#15⅔% coz you all don't have to do housework." (Then I thought of ants, l'd have to scrub it more than once daily)

AT: "Still, you're talking about plastics and zero waste."

Me: "Zero waste not applicable in our house yet.

Maybe coz we haven't made that attempt to do it.

There are some ppl who are able to do so, but there's only 2 of them. we have 4, is it possible?"

AT: "Then we have to try it"

Me: "Then there should be a supermarket near us that sells everything by weight right? If there isn't, how can we practice this? How can you ask me to practice less wastage when I still gotta buy flour in its packaging, toilet rolls in 10s n packed up, fish in chicken in that styrofoam tray. If the companies packed it in that way, I have to take it right? Then it should start with the companies not me."

AT : (kept quiet)


FYI, she liked the No-straw idea and even have metal straws herself since they started this. She's willing to drink without one while 'm the one sulking I might spill. Or the ice getting into the way. Haha! * is the troublesome one. No wonder she's lecturing me.


Then today we used our own bag to put our purchases coz ... my environmental friendly girl was next to me and she was about to suggest that. I suggested putting the 2 peanut butter bottles in her schoolbag, she gave the excuse "didn't you say my bag is so heavy? You still want to add more weight to my bag?"

Me :"Well... you said you'd go out with a bag right."

Back at home I commented that the only setback about Scoop is that there is no indication on expiry date on the stuffs we bought. Usually when I pour stuffs into the canisters, I'd make an indication on the expiry or best before date on a scotch tape. Then she commented, "then again most people would buy what they need now and use it". So end of the day it's more of logistics issues for me.

Nobody wins or lose in this topic coz we have our own concerns, but for sure I know this girl is doing a little part. Next time I should ask her not to use toilet paper . I've told her not to turn on both aircon n fan to sleep before when we were on the saving gaia topic some time back and she'd come up with 1001 excuses to her advantage "do you want me to have sleepless nights? Then I cannot perform in school the next day? Then you scold me for bad results? Correct right? So I must have a nice good sleep.


So, what is your thoughts on this?




5th July 2019


I should treasure the moments now with my girls coz one day they wouldn't want to talk to me.

For now, we talked about anything and everything.

During our walk to Tanglin Mall I told her I haven't been to this part of Orchard Rd for a long time. When she was younger and only child, I'd also bring her to Forum apart from Paragon coz there's Bookabura n ToysUs there. I enjoyed bringing her out coz it was so much easier to handle her as she'll stupidly gong-gong sit in the stroller, won't dare to run from me kind. She burst out laughing.

Che-che don't seem to remember Forum as much as

Paragon where it's a ritual trip to Spageddies, ELC, ToysUs, playground for her.

She's been to Tanglin Mall once long long time ago when they had the fake snow thingy but lil' one get to go there very often, not that she knows what was going on as she was very young. She asked me why I didn't bring her there then. "How the heck am I going to bring one other young kid with me when I was there to see a lactation consultant? I'II be even more stressed then from having less  milk to having no milk."

That said, she wasn't even familiar with that part of Orchard too when I pointed to her where Myanmar Embassy was and how I'II make my helper take train n go down herself to do something to her passport or was it visa? she also saw Tudor Court for the first time. She don't even know about Orchard Towers, I thought she would have read the recent news, so told her about pubs occupying the most. Not a safe place for a girl to walk past alone.

Back in lon, I needed to drop by Crate n Barrel to check out something. She wowed at everything and sulked at our small kitchen, tried carrying a marble rolling pin which we had no idea why is there a need for marble so ended up discussing abt it. I past a comment on how nice it would be for those people who usually hosts dinners at home, they can get stuffs to line their house from there and asked if she remembered daddy's colleague's house we went once. They had all the fine stuffs to display. I tried reminding her it's the place with the slowest lift coz it's hydraulic. She told me she remembered the place with a spiral staircase in the middle and "also I remembered I was sulking in that house" "why were you sulking?" "Coz little Nonya finished their episodes just a few days before. I love Little Nona and was sulking coz they had their TV on at that same timing but no more Little Nonya. She gave me a funny smile.

Haha! Was I even aware of it then? But it's so nice to have all these small little reminders. I should blog it down.

Then when lil' one was talking to me about her first

FCE class, I past a comment that next time she shouldn't be like her silly sister "bring so many things pots n pans n ....like she's some MasterChef or what….. " Che-che burst out laughing, saying the things in school is so yucky. "Yah! But you're like so extreme right? It was that mamasan bag you carried plus ingredients and ..haiz...luckily you're being chauffeured to school then." After which she commented she find no purpose in DNT class, FCE maybe still practical coz otherwise she'll starve. §HE

鬼,还想着吃。Then we began our second discussion on this topic, why it's in the school syllabus.

In that span of time spent with her alone, we've talked abt varied topics (some not stated in here).




5th July 2019

Had wanted to check out this place since they began operations in SIN. So since I'm in Orchard today I brought her down to check it out coz we were talking about some environmental stuffs yesterday. She seems happy in there, got what she needed.


Scoop @ Tanglin Mall

Organic and environmentally friendly. Zero waste.


After that, we are such responsible people. Continue practicing our "Zero waste". Cannot waste tempting desserts 😜

Her NY cheesecake is yummy according to her, I don't like my Opera cake as it's hard. Still the ones in Paris and onboard is so much better.

My dear girl was so full after dessert, we dreaded the walk back to lon. For me is - under the hot sun. For her is -too full and hot sun. Some things don't change. This girl since young is so greedy.

But guess what?! She still wanted her açai. So she bought her açai back in Taka. Insisted no dinner coz she's very very very full. I guess I'll hear a big rat 🐀 rummaging thru the kitchen tonight.



5th July 2019


"Mummy can we eat ramen at ... (the sweetest smile she'll give me). I haven't had it for a long time.

"What do you mean a long time? You just had it .

"2 weeks ago is a long time."

My dear it was only a week ago! Last Friday when we had to make another last minute trip down to orthodontist for mei-mei.



She finished a big bowl of ramen, ate 3 chicken karaage, took 2 or 3 small tofu cubes and 2 mochis.

To her everything is nice, the mochi is nice. Last week lil' one insisted she couldn't finish the 2 pieces herself so I told her I'II finish up for her. She quietly finished the mochi herself. I didn't get to try it then! So it must be reallv nice.

#priceisevennicer#


My mini don

5th July 2017


Do people use the word "Aunty" too freely?

This Aunty called me an Aunty when she is all grey. ☹️



5th July 2017


Lucky Aunty got no money; no assets to bequeath my girls. They got nothing to fight over except bento & baking books & equipments which I know they will come to agreement easily.



5th July 2015


Silly girl! Testing her spelling, turned to see her

'wearing a hat'. It's the light cover from her ceiling fan that dropped this morning.

She just declared "I'm a chef"

-feeling 😅





5th July 2013

ARGggHhhh!! Aural. In my frustration, I told off lil' one "you're singing out of tune, how can you go into Choir next time??" She looked at me, said "but mummy I down to join Choir, I want to join Handbells next time". Wah seh! My nagging immediately cut short by her reply..

But u know that's not my point.



5th July 2013

Che-che set a "parental lock" on me!!!

This morning she happily told me "mummy, I set my tamagotchi to sleep when I'm in school".

What?!?!? thought I can help to feed ; play ...




5th July 2012


Tired!! tutor came to house yesterday n commented house does look much cleaner n neater. Must tweak my housework time-table, I'm over exhausted with tons of things to do daily. But thing is - those r necessary what!

I'm spring-cleaning areas too, must do a little each day. (Hopefully by 3 weeks or month end will finish.) guess what I found, in one drawer KZ kept so many bubble tea straws; wooden disposable chopsticks; tea bags that r expired n she didn't bother to help clear. Today, I pushed out the trolley in toilet to scrub the whole toilet with bleach. Guess what I found?

Empty bubble bottles with wands - 10 of them. I wonder what else she kept in other corners which I hardly checked.




5th July 2012


Pray for good weather tomorrow. So that our girls will enjoy their camp.




5th July 2012


Rain rain go away! Come again another day. My Athena wants to play.




5th July 2012

Che-Che goes camping. I'm more excited than her.

Love you,Che-Che!! ❤️ 






5th July 2011


My science experiments 




5th July 2011


Been sitting here for the past 1hr, will lay eggs soon.

And I can't wait to get back my curls.

Lesson learnt- nvr to go to nearby hair salon. They do disaster to ur hair. So now back to my stylist.



5th July 2011


More curly than before. But trust me, the moment I style them (tmrw) they will not look so curly




No comments: