Thursday, February 8, 2024

Weather is killing me

The humidity, the heat, feels like no air circulation was how I felt when I was doing the chores after cooking. 

7th Feb - Cleaning the kitchen, washing the crockeries and pots, transfer the extra pork bone + lotus root soup into the packs to be sealed and frozen for another meal, vacumn sealing the old ginger and 玉ねぎ I just bought since the machine is out. Drying the dishes and keeping the kitchen tidy, laundry 2 separate loads. Actually all these can be done in 2hours (?) but it took me like forever coz I was feeling so hot in the kitchen and would take a break at the dining table with the fan blowing full blast at me; go back to kitchen and the cycle continues. 

Finally at 12+ am (8th Feb) I finished everything and started packing for the next day - my outside clothes and towel etc to shower at mom’s place. I was already feeling sticky again 15mins away from the fan. I ended up taking another shower at 1.10am. How many times did I shower today? 3x? 4x? Ok, still haven’t break my record - where I took 5x shower in a day, changed until I had no more home clothes left 😂. 

Why didn’t I push the standing fan and keep myself cool? That’s because I cable-tied the plug wiring 🤣 and was lazy to cut it and re-tie after that. I think next time I shall bring in the small table fan into the kitchen, at least I think I should be able to finish cleaning the kitchen fast and have another shower at an earlier timing. 

No comments: