Friday, February 2, 2024

On This Day - (2nd Feb) #Reminders from FB#

2nd Feb 2024




2nd Feb 2020

Day 1






Our lunch before going back hotel for check-in and a restful sleep. (All thanks to the man behind me who was snoring so loud that I can hardly sleep for an hour on the flight)



After dinner. Hmm...skills not good in doing selfies




Then our snack?


Set the lobster (half) on fire 🔥


Yummy!

Just coz we stopped by for this, we missed going back to Calbee. Haiz! Need to go down tmrw and get the girls' tidbits.


Footnote written in 2021 : 


Oh man! This was the only time we travelled in 2020, leaving the girls behind 🏫 coz they had to go to school. *evil laughter*

Girls were even more sore when the year spiralled into chaos thereafter and hopes of travelling end of the year were dashed. We didn't do anything to our tickets until the airline cancelled our tix on our behalf 😅



2nd Feb 2020


They run out of masks here too!

Jap gf told me just the other day she was looking high n low in her city.




2nd Feb 2020

First sighting of cherry blossom






2nd Feb 2012

Woah! Unexpected full marks for her 2 papers. Well done, mei-mei!




2nd Feb 2012

Sigh... Y fever again? I'd like to think that this sudden unexplainable fever has got to do with her growing spurt.



2nd Feb 2011


Wishing everyone

恭贺新禧

财源广进



2nd Feb 2010
added 7 new photos to the album CNY Baking Il and III.

More bakings. Tired! Forgo this week of Pilates.

Sigh.....feeling fat from all the tasting and no exercise.

Must make up next week and do some cardios.

Back to BodyCombat???



Baked these Cashew Sugi Cookies last week. I love the smell of cashews. Had to resist temptation to pop the cashew nuts into my mouth while making these. *control control*


Like all Sugis, these cookies melts in your mouth. Yums!

I've baked in total 3 batches.

1st batch (previous pic) : only 1 portion

2nd batch : 2 portions

3rd batch: 2 portions (baked on 1st Feb)

I glazed half portion with condensed milk and the tops look so nice. (this pic) Gave that bottle to my vegetarian neighbour. The rests were glazed with egg. Yields a whiter look this batch, coz' of different icing sugar used.



The nicer looking glazed top


2nd Feb - My 1st attempt in Cheese Pineapple Tarts.

Skipped gym to bake 2 portions in morning after I dropped kids in school. Night before, I had to portion the pineapple fillings to weight. This time round, bought a digital scale. My 10g tarts the last time was too big.

Managed to pack one bottle for MMI (Aricia's school) in time. Insufficient time to shower, I went out to pick Aricia smelling like cheese. Rats and mice loved me. I'm the Pied Piper of Punggol.

KZ said it's lovely. She prefers this to the traditional ones.


Honestly I do prefer these too but it's too fattening.

Considering the fact that I managed to lose weight only recently, I don't want to add on weight during this time.


I hope this is the last of my bakes for now.

Until I received phonecall from school asking if I can sell them. Got orders. Wah.....business come knocking at my door leh. Kekeke


Packed for MMI


Footnote written in 2016 :

Only baked one batch of pineapple tarts this year and that's it. The girls' and sister's long overdue cookies since last year ...haven't found time to bake yet.

Sigh.....got oven also no point.


No comments: