Thursday, February 29, 2024

Home-cooked dinner

7th Feb (Wed) 

We have prawns and a ‘bowl’ of rice from the day before’s 拜拜🙏. Hubby brought back prawns, rice, fruits and few other food. 
Hubby suggested to cook tomato prawns but I know lil’ one doesn’t like it though she often eats it with ketchup. But no harm trying. Dropped by Eastpoint Mall to pack her lunch and NTUC before picking her up from school. Wanted to go to the economical rice stall to pack another ‘bowl’ of rice, but thought it’s weird. I don’t think the stall holder will do that, so will pack one more dish. But lo and behold the food court had to close for reno! Hubby was out for lunch himself, messaged him to get the dish and rice instead.


Now we have 2 bowls of rice 

So funny! I came home with tomato garlic prawns sauce and I saw this salted egg butter prawn paste hubby bought. Really funny how we both think about the same thing. He knows his wife is hopeless, can’t cook 😂 so had to get a premix. 

True enough, lil’ one saw the paste and said she wants her prawns plain. 


Cooked purple colour soup. My bad, I thought we had a lot of pork bones so soaked lots of dried scallops before cooking. The soup taste scallopy weird coz I wanted to cook double portion and keep the extra for another meal. 

Looks like I’ll need to rescue the frozen soup with more pork bones next time. 

Blanched bak choy and shiitake mushrooms. Heated up the sauce in pot and poured it.
No mess cooking! If only I can cook all proteins and seafood this way too. 

Packed dish which I didn’t eat much. Taste weird. I think this is how my family feels when they eat my cooking. 



16th Feb (Fri)

Was supposed to cook the black chicken on Wed, but coz I returned home later than planned (lil’ one wanted to get kamaboko from Century Sq J-Mart) I didn’t feel like cooking and tire myself. By that time we had already left CSquare. So asked hubby to help pack lil’ one’s dinner. I have the lor-mee which he packed for my lunch. So ya.. I was just simply lazy. Turned out it was a good decision not to cook coz he didn’t even pack dinner for himself, after a superbly full company lunch. I would have ended up with extra food (and extra anger from me). 

Quick cook today as we only had 1 soup + 2 dishes

 I wanted to finish the other half of the chicken this week so today’s a good day to cook. Played cheat with this. Hubby finished the soup, so I think he prefers this ginseng pre-pack. 

Finished the last egg tofu with an all-in-1 dish 😉 - leftover cut cabbage, enoki mushroom, garlic sprout. Lil’ one was hoping I’d steam her egg tofu but no… I wasn’t going to wash more attachments and I wasn’t going to thaw my 200g mince pork when I need only less than half. After deep frying the egg tofu, I dumped the rest of the ingredients into the pot. Finito! 

Hey-zhor 虾枣 bought frozen from Restaurant 121. Finished the whole box of 16 pieces. Left with one box in freezer for another meal.


Note lil’ one’s prisoner plate with no veggies at all. She don’t like black chicken. So fussy!  


While having my dinner, I set Ms Thermie to pre-clean. I used to struggle with rice grains stuck in the simmering basket, but after I tried pre-cleaning I noticed I have only 1-2 grains to remove or sometimes no grains at all. Happy! At least now I solve this problem. 


Easy washing up in the kitchen while cooking so was left with not much dishes to wash after. 
The weather is pleasant today, can feel the wind in the kitchen (from my north-facing yard)


21st Feb (Wed)

Still clearing the very little veggies we left. Only cook once a week, I chose to in order to save my sanity. Quite impossible to cook too if I need to leave house at 4+ on most days and only reach home at 5+ and then rush through cooking. Not like it’s one dish meal I’m cooking. 

When I gave up on cooking 😂

Presenting one of the dish from this evening.

Used the last bits of veggies in fridge and really anyhow cook, abit of soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal chilli (what?!), sprinkle abit of haochi. I really have no idea what I was cooking.

🤣 Surprisingly the plate is

emptied.



Cooked karaage. Lil’ one don’t like to eat fried chicken. Hubby don’t like to eat fried things. Told you so difficult to cook for my family. Why can’t they just eat anything and everything? 


Added new pork bones to the purple colour soup. Tastes better now. 



Looks like I’m starving my kid like that 🤣. 不吃菜咯!
Her fav “purple colour soup” where she had second helping and more scallops. Cannot waste the scallops as it’s so expensive. 


28th Feb (Wed)

Basil fried chicken fillet, boil Choy with mushroom and her 麻婆豆腐


Don’t think will be cooking for the next few weeks so will conclude this blog post. Hoping to be able to cook more for them next term but I’ll probably have to see how her new time-table will be like. 












No comments: