Saturday, September 9, 2023

Purchases review

Been 淘宝ing a lot for the house for the past few months, ever since I’m hooked on the cheaper pricing. Thus now decided to do a review of some products which I had purchased. 

Please note that the reviews are based on my super fussy personal experiences with the products. 

Cleaning brush
Had used Gong100’s toilet brush before but I think hubby threw it away thinking it’s rubbish. 😭. Decided to try this as I was carting some items at the same time. 
Personal Rating : 0/5

Verdict : will never try or buy this again. In the advert, it makes it look so easy to keep the brush in the holder when not in use but it isn’t. I didn’t stick this to the wall (yet) as I realised I don’t have much space in the master toilet to hang on the wall. So I can imagine myself putting so much force each time I pick up and put back the brush stick that I will sooner or later drop the whole container. 
The cleaning discs comes in 3 or 4 different fragrances. No smell at all, I need to stick my nose very close to the sponge to smell it. 
When cleaning, I barely see any soap suds or indication that it is cleaning except blue colour came out for the ‘sea breeze’ fragrance I got. Tried both sea breeze and lavender. I junked it after that. Bloody waste of time. Shall just get Gong100 back. 


CNY decorations
Okay, I’m a convert. I’m definitely buying the decorations from Taobao from now on as I'm getting the same thing from the retailers. The only cons I can think of is 'what if the seller packed my items without care'?

Personal Rating : 5/5

Verdict : It’s so much cheaper to get it from Taobao than from the make shift stalls selling these weeks leading to CNY. I can save 4x the price. Yup! It was that much difference. That lady who sold me a wall LED decoration was laughing to the bank. 
I like this glass as it leaves no sticky residue behind. 
Now makes me tempted to get it for Halloween, for Christmas. Haha! 


As for this rabbit deco, I pasted this on my main door. It was really easy to stick this without making the eyes unbalanced (cockeyed 😂). I’m given a bigger piece where I removed the outline. Put the template over and then fixed the outline parts back with the sticky back removed. Alternatively I think one can simply remove the sticky backing off the outline then put the whole piece on the door and then remove the big piece. 
The only thing I don’t like is that it’s not easily removable. So I spent a longer time cleaning the door; using lemon essential oil to clean off the sticky residue. The next time I’m going to do this, I shall just stick removable glue dots at the backing with some spacing. I just pray hard no kids try to peel it off. 



Memory Foam
My Skechers shoe’s memory foam was so stinky after the Phuket trip. Accidentally stepped on yucky water and despite scrubbing my shoes after we got back, I couldn’t remove the smell. 
I was searching for the insert online when I decided to try Taobao. Wow! 淘宝因有尽有.

Personal Rating : 5/5

Verdict : Feels exactly the same. It’ll be good to have some spare at home so can change whenever I want. I’m one who will use stuffs until it’s spoilt, so usually a pair of shoes can last me 2years or more. 



Foldable bag
Saw these ridiculous Chinese adverts where a lady goes onto a bus with so many plastic bags and then someone offers her this foldable bag. In the first place she had so many plastic bags how the heck she went up the bus?? And so yucky, she put bagged food together with sneakers. Wah…. want to do advert also must be more hygienic lah!  




Rating : 5/5

Verdict : Good for small purchases. (definitely not enough if we're coming back from Japan or USA.) This bag can be used for anything, it's as handy dandy as the korean mamasan bag. Yes, I still have one of it. I bought 2 last time, only the larger one is with me now. It's too huge but good for those days when we were washing machine-less. 
Can buy. So I passed this bag to che-che for the time being just incase she needs it.   

Glass container vase
When I wanted to change out the real plants in the toilets, I decided to change the looks for all. I hate to have soil in the house so hydroponic is the way to go. 

Rating : 5/5

Verdict : Can buy. Glass is thin so one has to be very careful with it. As it has a cork top, have to be very careful not to splash water on it.  




Ear cover protector
Cheapo me DIY hair colouring. I contemplated between this and the disposable plastic ones (look like mini mini mini shower cap), in the end thought I'll try this as I "do not want to throw my money away after every colouring". 

Rating : 1/5

Verdict : Regret it. I ended up really throwing this away. It's plastic and the cut wasn't clean and sandpaper-ed so it was cutting my ear. It doesn't stay still too, not sure if my ear was too small or too big but it doesn't fit. What's the purpose if it doesn't fit, right? I think silicone will feel more comfortable but .. oh well sometimes one gotta take then buying things online without seeing the real stuff.
   




Guasha
My goodness! Whole thing feels so plastic-y, even the metal part holding onto the two rollers is so flimsy. I won’t be surprised if the gold colour peels off in less than a month of use. 
Speaking of use, I run the guasha on my face it feels so different. The ones that I have at home are heavy and curved nicely that you feel it works contouring your face. For this, it’s like running through a plastic. The rollers feels like I just put something on my face on it. It’s not even cooling to touch! 
It’s supposedly a jade guasha but the moment I see it, it looks like a toy shaped in a weird shape.
If I’m going to spend my 15 minutes scrapping contouring my face, I better make sure it’s a good one. Not this definitely. 

Comes in a flimsy thin box. 

Rating : -10/5

Verdict : It’s a cheap price of $3+ I paid for nothing. Could have saved it up and buy myself a nice cup of bubble tea 😒. Don’t waste time on this, buy a proper one. 



Cleaning Teeth scraper
I wanted to try this, it is not meant to replace my bi yearly dentist checks. Don't even know why I bothered to try this? After the guasha incident, I thought I should be smarter?? That's the thing, sometimes they do make good things (afterall lots of products are Made In China). And honestly I didn’t expect it to scrap it off as well as the huge machine in the clinics but at must work at least. It only provides the vibration motion and it doesn’t scrap anything off. 


Rating : -5 / 5

Verdict : Such a bad rating from me you'll expect what kind of verdict I'll give. 








No comments: