Friday, August 21, 2026

Noodles Round 3 + Lil’ one’s few secs of fame

And just like that, we’re back at Uncle Wanton for our third consecutive Thursday (20th). The culprit? Lil’ one who simply couldn't resist that familiar comforting flavor. I laughed and told her, "It’s only been a week! You’ve definitely survived longer stretches without it, so what's with the sudden weekly ritual?”

Today is a bit different. The stall reopens after a three-day break following Saturday's incident on the 15th. We did not plan this specific day on purpose. My little one usually joins me for class, and we grab lunch outside afterward.

As usual I would drop her/the girls off first while I park the car. The coffeeshop gets crowded granted that it’s usually lunch time by the time we reach there. Lil’ one scored a table next to the stall, the same table as last week 😂. When I came by, I was shocked by the huge crowd. When I made my way to the table, I saw a microphone with a “MediaCorp” label on it on another table. Ahh….makes sense for them to come for some news coverage. I found the humour and sent a message to my Fight-Do kakis that I think I will be on TV and needs to put on make up now n wished I didn’t go for the class earlier on (messy lah!) 🤣. 


My fried wanton came first

Uncle didn’t shout her number (“number 15”) , he actioned to me since we’re seated next to him 😬. Infact the whole time we were there he didn’t shout all the numbers, sometimes the younger guy (son-in-law?) shouts out the number. But it’s never as loud and clear as uncle. I think uncle must be in tremendous pain as he often needs to exert his mighty lungs 🫁 when he shouts.


Lil’ one happy with her “I will never get tired of uncle wanton’s noodles.”



Asking for her 2nd bowl of soup


Drinking finish 2nd bowl. 这样的喝法哪个男人会看上她?😂


And then she asked for her third bowl. Something that uncle and the people in the kitchen are used to it - big bowl of soup no spring onion 

When she was asking for her extra soup, uncle told everyone around us “this girl from small (actions the short height) love my soup”. Then the strangers around us all suddenly like a ‘happy family’ like that, they asked how long has she had his noodles. I mean she’s definitely not the only kid who had his noodles since young, there were many, not only in his stall but most long-standing stalls in SIN. 
She’s just my short cute girl being the *probably only one* in her sharp voice “uncle can I have another bowl of soup” 



📺  “May I have your attention please…”  📺


Uncle has the media attention. So suddenly there’s the long queue, some taking photos while in the queue. There must be a lot of kapo people giving them the support for the first time 🤭. 


Caught sight of my back 😂. Was teasing lil’ one as I was going to show her “you see mummy’s famous now they took a video of ..” showed her the video and continued my sentence “my back”


In the night, hubby suddenly exclaimed so loudly “ay! Aricia!”  Apparently the media lady behind us filmed short snippets while we were there. Now there’s a full face of her, and me eating my otah 🤣


The next day friends started messaging me if that’s her. My reply to them were .. 🤣

No comments: