Following the last blog entry on this issue and my last talk with Ms Lock on 27/8 while getting the report.
She explains that she did better this time round in similar tests that she did 3 years ago. But confirmed that lil’ one has ADHD coz her focus attention is not the best. So I guess the un-rectified eye problem did cause the test results to be a little inaccurate back in 2022.
However coz lil’ one’s ADHD is not the disruptive and extreme kind, I refused treatment. When I asked her what is usually recommended for people with ADHD, she gave me the medication name : Ritalin and the more common Medikinet. I walked away from the centre with the names and definitely wanted to do more research. Nope! I’m not keen to let my kid take medication. The medication helps in focus but every medication has their side effects which I’m not ready to expose my kid to. And is she going to be so reliant on it that she will always asks for it? No way! I mean … if there’s a way I want to help her, I’d rather do it the natural or TCM or essential oil ways not introducing some drugs or chemical laden stuff into her tiny weak body.
We know she has focus problem, she knows she has so we have to give her more time. Most importantly she’s still my precious little baby, I don’t want her to lose confidence in herself and had to constantly remind her that there are many ADHD people who are doing well in their adult life. Don’t use ADHD as an excuse but rather find a way to help yourself to be a better person.
Lil’ one asked me an innocent question - why didn’t we suspect she has ADHD when she was little? We all thought it was her just being naughty. The moment I said that sentence, OMG! that’s what they thought of my sister. However lil’ one was more well behaved in school than my sister 🤣. We probably also mistook her mischievous naughty behaviour as her being the youngest in the family - wanting attention. And she gets her work done! It’s not like she was so disruptive until she don’t finish her school homework, on the contrary she was more responsible than anybody else. She was naughty and fidgety in Shichida but when she needed to give answers she was able to do so. She was listening to our conversations when she was playing games on the phone. Darn! With those misleading signs I would have thought she’s a genius not a kid with ADHD.
Maybe I can go into TCM to calm her down. I think I need this too coz it’s like never-ending worries about this girl







No comments:
Post a Comment