Monday, August 10, 2026

On This Day - 10th Aug #Reminders from FB#

10th Aug 2026

Now I know why that fall on my left arm take me forever to recover. Must be the years of me doing this prior to fall that made it worst.






10th Aug 2023

So funny. Tough rearing = tough kids

I should bash up my girls more 😂





Mom was sitting on one baby panda. Haha! 

10th Aug 2023
* feeling tired

等得不耐烦! That's why I hate going to the banks now, now everything I just settle online.

I used to work in a bank too (prior to SQ) and the queue moved quickly. Now want atas banking all can sit down to wait, but sit until sink into the chair 🤨




10th Aug 2021

We weren't in the mood to watch NDP or sneak at flypast coz on 9th Aug we had a busy programme lined up. What started on the 8th at LOA for being close contact to a case, turned into QO the next late morning.

So my phone was ringing n ringing, messages coming in on the 9th. FYI, my phone is always on silent and sometimes not next to me. So since the 8th, I had to turn on the ringing tone n had myphone with me all the time.

Swab test done at night, of all places at my PES just coz she couldn't find the way to my unit from carpark and I directed her to PES instead. And...neighours walked past all looked in. Good news, nobody splashed Dettol on my main door 🤣 now my haolian girl can boast she's done nose digging job



More books than clothes.

I'm a light traveller so will always wash clothes n stuffs in hotel. Same for her! No luxury to wear one set daily, she has to wash it herself.


Ready to go. First time using her luggage bag for this staycation.


10th Aug - came to pick her up. Somebody jumping for joy.


A check at her location. And she's in!


Footnote written in 2026 :

Her staycation.

And then just as the taxi drove off, I received a phonecall that my daughter has to be quarantined together with the rest of her classmates linked to another case.

"Ehh....my daughter is going to be quarantined linked to an earlier case in the school." - which was for her Chinese class.




10th Aug 2019

Joanna Dong with the SSC n SSYC, after the rendition of Home 🎼






10th Aug 2019

Best-est seats 👍 - such that we can read the scores 🤣




Footnote written in 2026 :

Still our fav seat in the concert hall



10th Aug 2019

It's been donkey years since I last went for SSO concerts. Goes back way before I was ...married! 🤣

Think it's time for me to be back in the "scene" and better still, I have my big girl who has the same interest.

Today, lil' one is with the school band group tix, che-che and I are on our own tickets.




10th Aug 2017

Che-Che loves ramen. So tempted to get the attachment. But I need the space too! So heavy, how to carry across the kitchen top?




Footnote written in 2025 : I have the attachment but it's still in the box 🤣. The more | think about it, how can I make ramen when I can't do the nice broth che-che likes? So troublesome, just buy those boxes of ramen when we travel 吧!


10th Aug 2014

Found an old pic of my girl, taken during her violin class.




Footnote written in 2026 : 

Ooh ......maybe I should dig up and see if I can find anymore pics of her with her violin (and not complaining)



10th Aug 2012
I'm impressed. Lil' one did this unaided. No wonder she was grumbling away "so hard so hard" behind me


Footnote written in 2018 : 
Then she was quite capable. I have no idea what happened to her in the last few years but observed that she isn't as good as her sister. The only thing I love about her is her being hardworking. I guess this is most important right? Anyway, I'm so mentally prepared that she might end up in Normal Stream so ....... No hard feelings towards Normal Stream, I was in Normal too! But .... then again, sometimes she does surprises me. She isn't that stupid either?! Dunno what's wrong with her?   
In 5 days time, she'll be taking her first PSLE Oral - EL. Wish her luck man! 


10th Aug 2010

it's a good thing that the torch relay is near my home.

She had wanted to go down to see one at her school, but I wasn't prepared to travel that distance.

This morning, brought both kids down. But also with 2 kids, I can't run alongside to get more pctures. sob..sob..



10th Aug 2010





10th Aug 2010
* added photos to the album Youth Olympics 2010

Way to go Singapore!


The flame passed by our home.

Brought the kids down to cheer the torchbearer on.


So proud of this one-in-a-lifetime moment


Passing the torch.



10th Aug 2009
* added photos to album NDP 2009


First time watching the NDP live (with blocked coverage).

Athena was very happy
















No comments: