Saturday, September 7, 2024

Ada yang tak kena ?

Came across this video and felt something is wrong and asked brother to reconfirm what I feel are mistakes.

  1. she didn't check ABC. Which many also commented it seizure not cardiac arrest.
  2. maybe she watch too much emergency room or hospital dramas but who would stride over the body like that? Usually the body is across you. But I mean I also thought that perhaps sometimes nurses/doctors may need to jump on a moving trolley and perform compression while staff wheel patient into room. Got such scenerio or not? Maybe I watch too much emergency room shows 😂? But wait! I think SQ also have to do in such way if passenger along the aisle. But hor…. I’m honestly not going to stride over a passenger with the kebaya slit revealing my panty. Free show for pax sitting around. 
  3. Even so, I feel her legs weren't even firmly on ground. No stability. Bouncing up and down.
  4. hand position is wrong. All her fingers touch the chest. I can't make out from video if her fingers were interlocked. But the first 2 compression, noticed she moved, so she wasn’t steady at all. 

Was it a moment of trying to act she knows coz she watched it on TV? She saw people press press so just anyhow follow? Just like how some people who never learn swimming just copy what others do and will say draw a big watermelon infront of you when trying to swim breaststroke.

I may be wrong in my observation, so will appreciate if any medical personnel here can correct me if l'm wrong.


I've said a few times that I wanted to learn how to use the AED. Coz in SQ only the senior crew (then) can handle it. I also wanted to refresh my CPR techniques. All I know is that compression-ventilation ratio that I was taught (15:2) has been changed to 30:2 since I dunno when.

My condo conducted that for residents before but I didn't go coz had something on. Anyway, when I saw the pictures they posted, I noticed at least 1-2 ppl had whole hand on the dummy. Was there any correction done? I'm really not sure.

Yah, now I need to find exactly where the AED is located in our compound if there is one. So my point is, if you dunno CPR please stand aside.

Don't sukat sukat do and break the ribs. Then again, it's good if at least someone in the family learns. If I need CPR at home, honestly speaking nobody will help me 😅.

So far my family has only been briefed on how to use the fire extinguisher at home. Yup! Another must have at home. Hopefully no need for it.






No comments: