Wednesday, September 18, 2024

The older I am the more enemies I make

Came across S's post in her FB lamenting that Sec 1 Math is incomprehensible to PSLE. I get that she is a first time 13 yr-old parent, everyone is with their firstborn. I'm a first-timer with a 22yr-old kid. 

So she goes on to let her friend know that's a totally different syllabus. I was surprised, lao-niang more than 30 years ago come to my daughter's time also never change, how do they change the syllabus like so suddenly especially when my last kid just took her exams 2 years ago? She responded not only to me but twice to different friends that her kid is the first batch of SBB. Honestly why have to keep talking about SBB when you're showing us a topic? While I agreed with her that whatever we were taught in upper secondary is taught now in lower secondary, all I needed was a practice to jolt trigger my memory and I was able to help lil' one a little in her math. But I still outsourced tuition coz I didn't want to vomit blood and lose more patience. 

My last reply to her was whether it's SBB or not, it's still the same. Don't forget my nephew's secondary school is one of the pilot school for SBB. To prove her further, I took the topics that she claimed is different for lil' one and her son from MOE website. 她没的话讲咯!She never reply me.  

I mean even to her friends she keeps claiming syllabus change but she was showing pic of a topic. It is the approach and process thinking that has changed not the syllabus. Topics didn't change at all. 

Sometimes I feel the older I get the more untactful I become. Haha! But coz I cannot tahan whatever is written so I tend to speak out.  

 

No comments: