Saturday, November 5, 2022

The progress of application to UB Buffalo Campus

20th Sep (Tuesday)
Che-che emailed me the forms and the briefing slides on 20th Sep for the final year in Buffalo. My god! I can’t even read the slides when they have their huge logo smacked right in the whole slide. Black logo and black wordings, you figure if you can read anything. Due date for submission is December, but we target to finish everything by mid November. So if there's any discrepencies or we left out anyting, we will still have time to do it. 

26th Sep (Monday)
I dilly-dallied with the forms until 6 days later on the 26th, I called Dr Lee to clarify what jabs she took pre-Chiangmai in 2019. I'm glad I made her take meningococcal then so all her vaccinations are updated and good. All I need is her verification and signature one day. 

28th Sep (Wednesday)
As for her TB test, it was booked for 28th Sep. Which failed badly, my daughter has no blood in her at all. Haha! Click here for her ordeal poky poky.
I had to delay her mantoux testing, so will do it once lil' one finishes her exams.

6th - 8th Oct (Tue - Thu)
Sometime during this period we were busy with the documents for che-che to do her eczema jab and I found out that blood works will be done by them and TB test is included. Great! Let her get poked once and for all 

11th Oct (Tuesday)
Initially hubby asked if we made the lump sum payment for the whole year, can we don't show our statement but the co-ordinator explained that '' the demonstration of finances is a federal requirement for issuing your I-20 document and the F-1 visa program.'' 
Hubby settled the bank statement after picking her up from school. 

12th Oct (Wednesday)
Made a trip down to Dr Lee in the evening. But alas! clinic is closed. 

13th Oct (Thursday)
Dropped by Dr Lee in the morning before my FightDo class to pass them the form, knowing how busy they can get I told them I can always get it from them on Friday or next week. The clinic called back at 11 plus for collection. Wow! Dr Lee is really fast, to think that she had so many patients in the clinic.     

27th Oct (Thursday) 
Che-che warded for her eczema jab and was poked for the blood tests. Ok, none of us were there to let her sink her teeth into our arms. I suspect without us around, she had no choice but to act tough infront of the nurse  

4th and 5th Nov (Friday and Saturday)
On 4th, she emailed the International Applicant Financial Form. Asked me about the progression. I was so proud of myself that everything is ready except for the TB test results BUT she didn't even tell me submission was online. And I got everything in hard copy all ready and filed for her 🤦🏻‍♀️. 

Luckily I had a few documents scanned and kept as a copy in the laptop . So I only needed to scan in her kiddo vaccination certificate from HPB. I managed to email those first to her. And since she just sent me the Financial Form, I had to get it printed out; signed and scanned. Sigh..... all in the midst of me trying to plan holiday itinery.    

Asked the Skin Clinic for the TB test results. And both the results (received email from them on the 5th) and Health Declaration Forms are the last to be scanned in and emailed to che-che.

I should think all is done. 

Time being I shall be bothered about other things (holiday, renovation) until next year then maybe will start thinking about her trip. Will be going over in August 2023 and maybe 3-4 months prior will start packing and get airtickets.  

* sometime in Aug? during the Psycho SSO concert, I asked her about the London and she said that is more troublesome. more things to do. Need letters from profs and police station. So she wasn't going to try.  



No comments: