Thursday, November 3, 2022

Holiday planning in progression

10th Oct (Mon)
Tickets booked! 

10th - 16th
Had some ideas on where to go. But nothing is concrete yet.

12th Oct (Wed)
Had all the Notarise printed out since I needed to have 2 copies for my Vietnam trip

17th Oct (Mon)
Both microsoft word and excel files are created and named KYUSHU 2022. No fanciful names for our travel itinery, I'm not a travel vlogger or content creator to need such complexities. 
   
17th Oct - 18th Oct
Over the course of these 2 days I did a draft to include Nagasaki but was a challenge to make a huge detour and still wanting to cover Beppu. I kept quiet and wanted to try ways and means to see if we can squeeze time somewhere but somehow there's a telepathy between us that one day the man said to me to forget about Nagasaki. That's what I wanted to do too!  
 

19th Oct - 23rd Oct
So I thought, I can perhaps use some free time in the night in Vietnam to do some reading and planning in the phone. I wasn't going to bring my laptop with me, it's a vacation for goodness sake!  

23rd Oct - 29th Oct
Macam like zor bor like that.  Sometimes even just sitting down on sofa and stare into blank space also good. I've lost myself somewhere. 

Came back from vacation and then ... did nothing. Tried to re-start planning on 29th Oct (Fri) and was always so distracted. wrong music. useless classical and jazz. finally found the motivational music. all written in this blog entry

31st Oct
Suddenly got the motivation to research research and plan plan plan. Maybe coz I'm panicking over the little time left before December comes. Haha!  
Then comes the correct music  - Christmas songs  - to make me work even harder than Santa Claus. 

But I have a huge problem, I tend to jump dates in my planning.  I get stuck at one day then end up giving up to go other days. I do leave tabs in the internet browser thus the following days after 31st till 3rd Nov .... 

3rd Nov
as I'm typing this blog entry in the midst of planning, I ......

still have the tabs running behind. I should get myself tested if I have any trace of ADHD in me. Laptop is thus always in 'sleeping mode'.

To date, I have 6 days fully planned. Another 7 more days to do and I'm stuck at Yufuin. Sigh..... then I take a break with blogging. Honestly, I think I work better in the night when everyone else is sleeping. So I've been having so many late nights. 

I know I do get things done eventually, I always set an earlier deadline for myself and over the years I'm able to complete everything. But I'm hoping I can finish earlier this year as we have another last minute trip to BKK in 2 weeks time. (for my own reference/information as I read back this blog donkey years later. I won't be planning any itinery for BKK at all. I have only one life; I need to keep my sanity sane. Just do the Japan holiday itinery will do) 

So the huge question is why didn't anyone choose to go Germany this Dec? At least I already have that plan up. Would have made my life easier, I think, or maybe not. Coz I'd prefer to secure train tickets in Singapore, perhaps I might even be more stressed in finalising those plans compared to Japan's.   

I get the satisfaction of planning holiday and itinery. One day I will blog about the reason why. 

2nd Nov 
1) I suddenly thought of 'what if the GPS needs everything to be in Japanese?' and dropped by Kinokuniya to try to get hold of the hardcopy map. They don't have. Maybe I should try to find one online. 
I think I tend to overthink; over worry too much. Grandmaster Tan tells hubby that I think alot, ''really alot of things in her mind BUT you can trust her she gets everything done and thought of/considered very carefully. You can leave everything to her.'' Thanks for your compliments but really when was I such a person? Did being in SQ made me that way? I know in school, I'm like the happy-go-lucky person, who is care less about things around me. 

2) After going through the online application for International Driving Licence days prior. I finally got hold of everyone's IC and Driving Licence. Scanned and submitted for 3. $25.50 per person ($5.50 for courier)

3) Since I was printing stuffs for BKK, I printed out all the hotel confirmation for Kyushu. I'm one super kiasu person anyway. You may think I'll just have the hard copy? Nope! I do have the itinery saved in acrobat and in my phone too. So if I (unfortunately) lose the binded booklet, I'll still have the soft copy of our itinery and bookings in my phone. 

*****************************************************************

Enough of rubbish ranting, I shall stop blogging and get back to what I need to do. 
Then again, I have so many drafts in my blog. Maybe I'll be distracted again in a less than an hour later. 

Ciao for now!     

No comments: