Tuesday, November 15, 2022

On This Day - 15th Nov #Reminders from FB#


15th Nov 2017

A girlfriend dropped by * surprise surprise * earlier on with a belated gift for lil' one and che. 

And she had to listen to our trash duet music for I dunno how long outside our balcony. Coz .... I didn't expect her to be there n we were happily (and unshamingly) playing away. So paiseh!

#thanksmyfriend#


15th Nov 2017

I'm not suited to cook this. 
The first time I cooked sliced fish. And both times, can get the smell but the taste is 😳.

15th Nov 2017

Che-che is old enough to "settle dinner" for mei-mei and herself. Hee! Suddenly they became chummy friends coz' lil' one is dependent on her to get frozen chix heated up. See! I did such a good deed by bringing them closer together. Thanks to my disastrous dish!
#thankstoairfryer# #goodfriendsnowenemiesinlessthananhourlater#

Footnote : This is after the failed meal prior, lil' one was desperate to have her sister help her otherwise she'll go hungry and she DIDN'T WANT TO EAT THE FISH FOR DINNER

15th Nov 2014

Minus the blouse. This is Size 30 on her. Macam like opera costume belt like that!

Going back St Hilda's Kindergarten next year. A repeat student! 
But she would be hauled into the P's office for short uniform


swim and bowl party (Keona’s BD at Chinese Swimming Club) 

At Nanette’s Mosaic Workshop 
She’s feeling Blue-y. Blue top, think she was going for Grad party? Or just returned from Grad party? 


15th Nov 2014

Listening to TKGS Symphonic Band at their practice. I explained to girl, much attention is always given to the woodwind family. The stand-by-the-side percussion family is important as it acts affects to a piece of music. So don't look down if you see someone holding just a castanet or triangle in the band.


15th Nov 2014
14th Nov - After spending 6 years in CHIJKCP, my older girl walked out of the school gate. It should have been her second last time setting her foot in the school as a student, but she gets to step into the school for another two more days / chances as she needs to return to school for extra Handbells practice. 
                                                                                               
She said her FT and Co-FT had tears welled up in their eyes. If I'm a teacher I would too, especially if my "babies" are leaving the school. The rough days of students not handing up homeworks; shouting at the noisy class would be forgotten. Some girls in her class cried, I didn't ask her if she cried. However I saw her sitting quietly in the bedroom and pasting all her Polaroid photos into a journal. (mind you! she isn't an organised person) She wrote simple words like "Friends since P1", "BFF" "Favourite time in school - P6" (What?! I think it's more like panicking time) Perhaps she knew that when weeks and then months go by; PSLE ends the time spent together as a class somewhat ends too. When I read those words, I kept quiet and tried hard to remember my Primary classmates. I don't remember all, I only remembered my Secondary classmates. Was she getting sentimental? I feel for her.... but because I still have more chances to step into the school as a PV (until the lil' one graduates) I'm able to control my tinge of sadness. 

Her classmates have this bonding, although they may have their own cliques they are still approachable to others in the class. They are very encouraging towards their friends, really! I read their WhatsApp chat and it's heartening to see such modest girls. They are not competitive between classmates and strangely the girls don't boast whether they got into DSA or their grades. It's all hush hush unless the teacher discloses it. 
            
What is a school? (n) an institution for the teaching of children 
What makes an institution filled with love and warmth? The teachers and friends. 

Our school may not be the best school in Singapore. I'm sure she holds special memories of the school and one day she'll walk into the school with her daughter and proudly tells her "mummy used to run around here, used to play hide and seek here" etc.. 
The white blouse and blue pinafore only represents the school they're in. Beneath that, it's with pride and honour to be an IJ girl.

15th Nov 2013
At their fav place 

15th Nov 2012
As I did the laundry today, my heart felt sore. I looked at her PE T-shirt and thought to myself, she's never going to wear this to school. Hmm... make it for home use then.

15th Nov 2010
A secondary schoolmate (now FB friend) posted this in her FB of her son and lil’ one 











No comments: