Sunday, February 12, 2023

Award ceremony

Was a little sad that I wasn’t present for lil’ one’s award ceremony as the date clashed with the SSO Concert (same timing some more 😭). 

This year they didn’t hold the ceremony in our Function Room, I wonder why. But as the covid restrictions was just lifted days ago to pre-covid days, I guess the early 2023 ceremonies are still held with slight restrictions? In 2021, they only allowed one accompanying person and this year they allowed two. I’m not sure if today’s ceremony was done the same way as in 2021. Where basically the kids get their certificate then leave. No one is required to sit down to go through the whole ceremony for all recipients. Still, I’d prefer if they held it in our compound. 

Last year was a horrible year. She had bad anxiety issues, FT and school counsellor talked to her. She was under stress; she was unhappy; she had sleepless nights. Then we found out there were some problems. With the last minute AA made just in time for her prelims, we were able to see the results improving. And her mood was a little better; I kept company and tried to give her so so much love assuring her. Gave her massages coz she was tired sitting down too long. Gave lots of positive vibes. Found the correct way to make her sleep better. And for her finals, she came back with the unexpected results 😄.

And this award is an attestation of a job well done, my lil’ one my lil’ warrior. 



Hubby was tasked to bring her for the ceremony. And I’m sure he’s just as proud of her as I am. 




No comments: