Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Airfrying

Sometimes I just want to find time to do some bulk food prep prep eg. chicken stock; pork stock; etc… But the school dismissal timing doesn’t permit me to do so. (Perhaps I should really make lil’ one come back home from school herself. It really takes away one job for me. It helped that the period of time when we were only left with one car and the man took it. She had to bus back from KC to home until our second car arrive. I was at home cooking and the moment she stepped into the house, the food is piping hot and ready for her to tuck in.)

Today, at last minute lil’ one told me she needs to stay back in school to do some work with her classmates. Happy like crazy! 

I airfried the crab stick n then was still thinking about using the Thermomix to fry ikan bilis. When it dawned upon me that I can also airfry ikan bilis what?! The brain is not thinking 🤣. So now I fry more so I can pass to mom. Roles reversed, to think that she used to fry ikan bilis for my girls. But I tell you they are very fickle-minded, they didn’t want to eat anymore for the last few times she gave us. 



Looks different from what she gave us. She uses the wok and fry them. But …. taste wise would be slightly different from what she used to give us (coz I think she added a little sugar) so I hope she don’t mind my lazy way of frying the ikan bilis. At least I’m trying to let her lessen her workload with her concurrent problems. 

Initially decided to do a bulk fry for myself too but I think better not coz I don’t even know when my kids later will eat or not. So I shall “fry” as and when I need. Thermomix and my airfryer will come to the rescue. 

Next up, I will want to do sambal tumis ikan bilis in the Thermomix. 
 



 


No comments: