Thursday, May 5, 2022

On This Day - 5th May #Reminders from FB#

 5th May 2019

Was going through ingredients for a recipe and it calls for “titanium dioxide”. What the heck is that? Immediately my mind thought  .... my girls will turn into Iron Girls after that.

#ilearnnewthingseveryday#


5th May 2016

Last night, I was planning next week's menu.

Been abt 2 weeks since hub's back, the only change to menu planning is "I don't have to cook on weekends" 

Hv you wondered how my kids survived my horrible cooking? I can bake but can't cook. But hey! My kids did put on weight in his absence right? So I didn't kill them in the process...or maybe I almost did. 

As I flipped thru the recipes I printed out and planned what to cook for next week, I giggled at some recipes and brought back memories. 

1) The girls were bugging when I was going to do xxx dish coz they saw the stuff in the kitchen. On day itself, both were overjoyed when I said I was going to cook that. Lil' one has to add on "this is my favourite. I like to eat this xxx." When I presented the dish, they couldn't wait to tuck in......

Muahaha! I don't have to say what happens next. Che-Che asked if they were eating the same thing for dinner and she volunteered she'd cook instant noodles for dinner. Lil' one "pleaded for mercy" and asked if she can also eat instant noodle but no!! She asked Che-Che to cook for her dinner. That is a FAIL dish though I did follow the recipe. I wonder why I haven't junk the Seafood Crispy Noodle paper away. (But they don't eat seafood, I substitute with chicken)

2) first time marinated chicken was so-so. They ate but gave me a weird look. Then I tried another recipe another time n airfried it. Che-Che's remark was "why do you always change recipe?" Ok, I got the hint. Actually it was the marmite taste they didn't like the second try, first marinated chicken was something else and stir-fried. 

3) girls came home to a nice smell and eager to try the dish. They ended up eating the hard boil eggs only and if they're lucky - the minced pork too. I geh-kiang wanted to try Braised pork with eggs. And I was so "smart" to replace the cut pork with minced pork since I didn't buy that part and my motive was to plan menu in such a way that ingredients are used within a week. Uhh.......recipe calls for minced garlic. So ....can u imagine.... You either bite into the horrible garlic n scare the vampires away or bite into the pork. Took me some time trying to separate the garlic from pork. So lesson learnt! Better use big garlic which I don't buy coz supermarket sells them in big bagful and not like I really utilize that often. I made the mistake in previous house so always end up throwing away foodstuffs. For the record, I don't stock on onions too (only recently). Anyway, subsequent dishes I used shoulder butt so it was easier. 

But of course when the rare time when mum comes over, they secretly thank God that they are saved from the horrible-cook mother and they can eat the real nice tasty homecook food from grandma. And there are some dishes i cooked n they didn't complain, and like I said THEY DID PUT ON WEIGHT. 


The only thing my girls support me is when I bake or make ice-cream.


There is a reason why I call them my guinea pigs.

#guineapig# #betterdontcookforthesakeofthegirls#


5th May 2016

So they had mass in school today. First thing I asked the lil' one is "so did u sit or kneel?" 


Throwback to her in P1? My blur girl.....and luckily she didn't go up to jiak-lor-ti


5th May 2014

Why? Why? Why? Technically they have like 9-10 months in a year to choose when to renovate the house... Why? It seems like new residents like to renovate their house when it's ....exam period!! Not the first time already!


5th May 2011

Guess what's her punishment?

For talking too much!!! Had to keep quite for 30mins. I need a break!  10mins gone n she's doing well.


TO BE CONTINUED ……..


12 more mins n she's keeping up well. Hmm...maybe should make her do this during musical.


A CONTINUATION …….


Haha! she kept looking at the clock. Then I kept asking her, is it 30 yet? Is it? She knew I was tricking her, smiled n shook her head.

After persistent query from me. She forgot "not 6 yet." and then she slap her own head when she realized she was foolish. Now extended another 10 mins





No comments: