Sunday, October 13, 2024

Sewing a new pouch

When lil' one left her lA, her boss gave her this handmade with love pass holder. I love the material and pattern and told her about how I love Japanese fabric, the texture. I don't even know the name of the fabric.

Recently lil' one told me she wanted to change her old portable battery pouch (handsewn by me) and I made a trip down to Chinatown on Tuesday looking for fabrics as she wanted her new pouch in the

'whatever texture you say' fabric.

I only went into one shop, they didn't have the pattern in a particular material I wanted. Not sure about other shops but this shop do sell them in small pieces. I managed to find 2 and 1 of it is the texture I love. Chanced upon LTS.

She changed her mind after seeing LTS and asked me to sew her LTS pouch instead. 

For the one who always needed her mom to re-sew the stuffs we learnt for Home Econ, I didn't have any proper sewing tools. So used paper, pen and pencil and ruler. Had to calculate the extras cm I need to add for seams and all. 不会縫衣服的人需要想很久 😂. 幸好我的剪刀很尖


Lil' one 太看得起她的妈妈 asked me to sew for her a Japanese knot bag after this. Huh? I bought so small piece and .... I don't think I can do it. I might struggle with the pattern and will take a long long time coz I don't have a sewing machine.


Did some tacking today coz putting lining inside.

Then will do the proper stitching. Will take my own sweet time doing this coz back and neck aching after yesterday's massage.

So akan datang. Ah nia will show the final work when it's all done. I will need few days of rest after that 🤣


I left 1cm for seam but the fabric keeps fraying 😢. I had to tuck in and secure it down. But I’m sure with the constant pulling and pushing things in and out of the pouch, sooner or later the insides will have strings tangle in the insides. The next time I do, I shall do a double seam. 

Tired! I stopped sewing and going to rest the rest of the evening. 


On 13th Oct - just when I was about to finish this pouch, I realised I missed out a measurement!!!! My top allowance should have additional measurement to fold down the part to put the strings in. My goodness! 


Haiyah! Just sew a press stud and asked her to use it to keep other things. 
I will have to sew again another pouch, this time round I will do a double seam to prevent the frays from getting entangled inside. Sigh…it’s nots easy when I want to make my backstitches all look uniformed and nice. Now I’m so tempted to get a small stapler sewing tool. 

 
When I was so exesperated and told lil’ one my mistake, she gave me the look as if she was already expecting her blut mummy to make another mistake 😂. I teased her further by saying that she wanted me to sew her a knot bag. Already with this simple design I can make mistake, what more with the knot bag I’ll be thinking so hard how to sew the bag and who knows her belongings might drop from the bottom of the bag 🤣. 


The blur mummy signing off 
        XOXOXO













No comments: