Thursday, August 4, 2022

Thermomix

I’ve been deliberating for a really long time. To be a slave to the family and cook or be a lazy mom and not cook? Technically its’s not that I can’t cook over the stove BUT I hate the cleaning after a fry-out in the kitchen. Not only cleaning but to make sure the whole place don’t smell smoky.  

With half a year gone and one of the excuse for not cooking will not be valid anymore (can’t cook coz tutor/s outside in dining area). It’s time to think if we should still continue with the tapao-ing full of unhealthy stuffs lifestyle. It’s time to think if I should convince the man to be more cautious with his food now. 

I had the ringing thoughts on it again on 21st July and took out the stuffs I knew I wanted to get rid of to replace the Thermomix. These are the 3 (and then later 4) items I got rid off. 

1) Mayer pressure cooker. MMPC 1650. Brand New ! 


Mom said she’ll ask SIL if she wants it, if not she’ll bring it home she can give it to her friend.

2) Bear Food Processor. QSJ-B02Q1 Used once for otah n my keto Nam Prik Pao blend

I guess I don’t need the food processor anymore since Thermomix has an in-built food processor. Passed this to mom. 

3) Philips Viva fruit juicer HR1832/00. Used but very well-maintained coz I wash it immediately after use all the time, so it looks very new. 


I got rid of this coz the girls hate to drink apple juice now. And nobody except me juice drinks, so since nobody takes them out I’ll just get rid of it. I passed this to mom directly coz she said she wanted this citing that the one at home is spoilt. 

4) This last one ice-cream maker was a last min decision. Although I read that texture from Cuisinart maker would be better than Thermomix, I wonder if I’ll ever use the ice cream maker at all. Afterall I got it for almost 3 years and never got a chance to use it. It will be a white elephant. Packaging is still intact. Put it on sale in Carousell n within 2 days I had an interested buyer. 



Not bad right? My initial target was to get rid of 3 items to get back 1 but I got rid of 4. Which also means….. 😬 I am not exactly a try-to-be minimalist as I thought I was (I do clutter my home 😂). 

I just remembered I have another slimmer blender at home, a Tefal BL142A42 Fruit Sensation. I wasn’t willing to clear this coz this is so compact, and having made so many açai in it, we kindda know how much to add in. I used it to blend my pancake and crepes batter. And since it’s a small amount I make each time I feel it’s easier to use this than the huge Thermomix? But who knows I might clear this another time? If we don’t use it within the next 6mths, maybe it’s time to really clear it. Any small space cleared can be a saving grace. Or perhaps I can pass this to che-che when she goes USA next year?

Technically most people will get rid of their Kitchenaid since the Thermomix is also a mixer but I just bought the pasta roller attachment!! And kitchenaid was something that I’ve always wanted so I shall keep it. Until the day maybe I tau huang siao n decide to get rid of it. For now, I’m happy to keep that. 

*******************************

Within a week after clearing the items, I finally bit the bullet and made a purchase for a Thermomix on 27th July. Delivery was for 3rd Aug but I requested for 4th Aug (Thu) instead. 

On the same day I made orders for a cheaper slide board, clear cup, anti-vibration pad, screen protector, plastic cover way from Shoppee. They all arrived on 30th Aug. 

Cleared this space on the 2nd Aug 


kept the Tefal Rice Cooker in the cabinet. Moved the Nepresso Coffee machine next to the water filter. 



Glad that I still have a workable preparation space on this side of the kitchen. 

Delivery came at 4.15pm on 4th Aug. Yippee! 

Unboxed Thermomix

Did the screen protector. Pasted a small portion before I realise there was a protector sheet over. So why the heck was I cleaning the protector sheet with alcohol wipe? 🤣

Was suppose to do a setup before delivery but I haven’t. 
Was suppose to set up the Thermomix but I didn’t. 
Just coz I was feeling so hot still in dirty gym wear. Covered it with the plastic covering, will try to set it the next day - I hope! 




No comments: