Monday, August 8, 2022

Anxiety = Insomnia or Insomnia = Anxiety

Just like the chicken and egg which comes first question, does anxiety cause insomnia or insomnia cause anxiety. 

When lil' one expresses her "I cannot sleep" to me, it made me think which is the cause. I had anxiety when I was a student but it didn't cause any insomnia, infact I could sleep like a pig coz I was body and brain tired. I can't help but think and think, I'm no doctor but I somehow there's a link to it? It's a cycle and I need to step in to help her. 

We all know that sleep is important, which is why I've often instilled in the girls to sleep early to function well in school the next day. They often sleep at 10pm, unlike some other students who sleep at 12am, 1am. (and their results are really good!!) Even during the school holidays, they never go to bed later than 11pm. 

To cut the long story short, I'm glad the internet has helped me answer my question. 

Read this article from Healthline    

No comments: