Saturday, April 9, 2022

Revising Japanese n want to learn german

Something that I regret not doing while in SQ is to re-learn Japanese and pick up German. It was a good way to pick up a new language since language is something that we need constant practice, and as ambassadors for SIN and having so many different passengers on an almost daily basis, it's an opportunity not to be missed right? Yah, but I did miss the opportunity.  

So the question is why didn’t I express interest in the course?

1) If I remember correctly, I’ll need to be in Singapore most times (or was I to be grounded for months?). As it is, I was also studying for my Diploma at that time and I’m not that intelligent to cope with so many things. Most times I have to catch up with lessons at least a week or two after the rests, so if I were to add on a language course I’m only putting more pressure on myself. I don't think I'll be able to go sightseeing anymore, as I'd be holed up in the hotel room studying and studying.  

2) I would have preferred to continue with my Japanese if given a choice. I took up Japanese before I joined the airline, therefore it makes sense that I should continue and upgrade myself. However that would also mean that I would be rostered for more Japan flights even if we had Japanese stewardess on board. Another reason, while I love Japan flights with all the kawaii things I wouldn't want to fly to Japan all the time. Still not willing to forgo much of my sightseeing in other countries. PLUS! A big PLUS! I tend to spend more than my allowance in Japanese stations. So how can I have any savings if I were to overspend?   

Fast forward to 2022, 20 years after I left the airline, I finally picked up the ipad (Using Goodnotes to make my notes) and revised a little of my nihon-go. 

Learning German is what I'd love to do, I bought a set of German Language Kit in 2020, hoping to take CB time to start learning something new. 2 years later nothing is done as I'm just so busy. Perhaps I can do it when I don't have to be so uptight over any of the girl's education. 

wünschen Sie mir Glück  


No comments: