Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Having fun with an iPad

A few people I know owns an iPad apart from having a phone. They usually use it to watch dramas in a bigger screen. I wasn’t into iPad because I hardly have time to watch dramas after dramas but during our trip to US in Dec I was kind of interested in owning one. 

More so after when we got stuck in LA and I started thinking to self how nice it would be to have one - lil’ one can use it for her SLS. Also I have been wanting to pick up German, I think it’ll be nice to make notes in iPad. Che-Che told me a lot of people in JC do that. Wow! I didn’t know that. I only knew about this recently when I went into study vlogs in Instagram. The students do their notes so asthetically attractive. I didn’t know there’s such an app called GoodNotes and there are digital planners which one can purchase and download. Sounds really good, especially the planners as I’m crazily mad over planning things. 

I was checking between iPad Pro and iPad Air, more inclined towards iPad Air with the cheaper price between the two. Passing by an Apple Store in Brea Mall tempted me. The cons tend to weigh heavier than the pros so I didn’t go in.  How often do I use it? I don’t have time to watch dramas or play games all the time so it will be a white elephant after the interest dies down. Moreoever, I don’t have to wait for anyone to finish their tuitions outside the house now for me to kill time. I usually pick lil’ one up from school on time so.. even if I happened to have that 10 minutes to spare outside VJC, I’d rather do a quick check on my emails; clear stuffs on phone (my phone’s memory is almost full!). 

Some time in March,  I remembered hubby has an iPad in the house. He hardly uses it now. When I checked his drawer, I noticed he has 2 - iPad 6th gen (2018) and a mini iPad (2019). My goodness! If I had bought one, it might end up in the drawer within a few months. I asked him if I can have it and he gladly gave it to me after deleting and reformatting the iPad. So yay! I finally got one old model but it’s okay. 

I downloaded a few apps which I’ll need it here. And then I embarked on my “studying”. But you know what? I was trying out the Notability and GoodNotes 5 app and instead of embarking on German, I went to revise my Japanese. Haha! It’s good fun being able to write on the iPad. Bought an OEM iPad pencil from Shoppee and then I had so much fun scribbling with ease. 

Yesterday,  I purchased a digital planner from Etsy and started jotting down a few things. Primarily with lil’ one’s major exam dates and I decided to be more hands-on with her. She doesn’t seem to be in sync with her revisions (can sukat sukat jump chapters, then forget what’s done or not done 😖) , so I have to plan the topics she needs to revise and then I’ll 🐯 mom enforce. I’m still exploring GoodNotes but taking a break now to blog. Blogging seems so much easier here too! I’m lazy to lug the laptop around with me, old laptop also battery doesn’t last that long without the cable. 


No comments: