Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Patriotic Girl!

Athena showed me the Singapore flag that she had made in school. And started singing in the car on our way home, making my usual 9 mins drive home slower than usual (coz' I was laughing at her mispronounciation)

"we are sengkang por, we are sengkang por. we're a na-sen strong ......"
"this is my country, this is my flah. This is my fu-cher, this is my life..."

I didn't get a chance to ask her to stop singing, she just continued yakking away in the car. And then she started saying her pledge, putting her arms on her chest :

"We the scissors eh.. no ci-ti-zens of Sengkang por. Pla ourselves as one u-nai people.
Le-gardess of lace,lan..or li-gion. To build a dying society ( I burst out laughing!)base on jus-t and quality. So ah to a-chief hap-ness and po-gress for our nation."
Okay, I don't know what to type for the Chinese version, but she said the pledge in chinese with pouted lips and the words are so funny.

********************************************************************
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
For the benefit of those who have no idea what my girl was rattling about. This is our Singapore Pledge. And we will celebrate our nation's 41st year of independence

We, the citizens of Singapore,
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society
based on justice and equality
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
progress for our nation.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: