Monday, August 19, 2024

The day after watching Miss Saigon & counting what I’ve watched

Che-che has never watched Miss Saigon before. I cried at my first Miss Saigon in NYork. Then I cried again yesterday 

Link for Miss Saigon Study Guide 


Still in the music-y Miss Saigon tunes this morning so I started counting the number of musicals l've watched so far. 23. Not that many actually, can be more. Musicals like Les Miserables, Phantom and Miss Saigon watched it at least 2-3x

There are just so many musicals now, but I still prefer the old old classics. Let me finish all the classics before I go into the new ones. Any classic musical I've missed out?



Every musical is just so nice in their own way. Fast beat, slow beat, jazz, raising flags, giraffes walking in, jumping around too much, the sexy ladies with gueh-mo, scary cats with that thick make up that just come up behind you.



I laughed, I cried, I sing sang sung to the lyrics.

Then there's the "I totally had no idea what the musical was about even until now 😂. 

All musicals stand out in their way but i believed I've said this before about one that stood out, the one that still left me in high adoration - Chang and Eng. No offence to my music friends here but I mean... I went to Broadway and West-end so I had that expectation. And I wasn't expecting much of a Singaporean production but oh I was so so wrong. [It's just like watching football matches and you see them score goals so fast, watch in Singapore they run and run but score only 1 goal.]

Imagine if I hadn't made the choice to watch Chang & Eng I would have missed out so much. I still have the CDs but for the tunes I can't find any scores so have to play by hearing. If you hear me, bring back Chang & Eng.



Next one booked in June, few days after returning from New York 😂Saw this there but didn't have the chance.



This is one I would love to watch but they're no longer in Broadway. 😭 The songs are so comically nice. What do you expect coming from Mel Brooks. Coz I can't watch the musical, I watched the movie instead.

Please bring back The Producers




No comments: