Tuesday, August 13, 2024

GBB Monet -

Three things I love - paintings (coz trying to act cultured) aka museum trips, classical music and flowers all in one place. 












Wah… I know I said I dowan to be the target of pickpockets, I dowan to put on a RBF, but who can resist eclairs and macarons and french onion soup? So I submitted the photo below in Instagram. 


This is what I wrote in my Instagram :

Maison et Jardins de Claude Monet :

Flowers in varied colours adorn in his garden. These sunflowers were so outstanding in my eyes as they evoke a sense of faith and hope.

#gardensbythebay #ImpressionsOfMonetGBB

#MonetTheGarden #TurkishAirlines


PLEASE LET ME WIN ! 

If only I have that many flowers in my balcony. But it means I need to do lots of gardening. 

#iamsimplylazy# #ineedamagicwand# 

I want to buy flowers now .....



The water lilies are so cute.







For some reason I have no idea why I like these colours.

Maybe it's the contrast between dark and light?

I've never heard of Camille Pissarro but apparently the street pic is painted by him 😅.

Something that came to my mind, I may be wrong, so if any experts can enlighten me. Coz this painting somehow reminds me of Starry Night so was Vincent Van Gogh inspired by Camille Pissarro? Van Gogh's paintings were dull colours before. Wait! Who drew what first? Or maybe it's just a coincidence of blue and yellow.




** This is a video I put of various clips together. 

Pardon me for humming to the tune

Music by Tchaikovsky, Debussy (I think coz .... I always can't rmor the classical pieces but got Debussy style lah!), Ravel and etc... Don't ask me titles except for the Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake piece (coz I kena forced to watch ballet performance by lil' one)


Some Monet paintings seen in MET recently. I saw some of his paintings in other museums, maybe in London or in Paris or in Amsterdam or in LA? I really can't remember.

Renoir - name sounds familiar. I may or may not have seen his paintings before.

Paul Cezanne - I definitely saw his works somewhere but just can't rmbr where. 


I was so impressed with this that at night I wrote in a feedback to GBB. First time ever! 😂


I have been a FOG member for many years and this Impressions of Monet brings the way of floral display to a refreshing high level. Although I love tulips, cherry blossoms, sunflowers, roses and the list goes on. This display has no floral theme which is a change. For a flower, classical music and painting lover like me, I got a lot out of this display. The only thing which I would appreciate is no loud kids or adults dragging their slippers loudly in the multi-sensory exhibition (Haha! Nobody can control them.) so that we can immerse ourselves in the exhibition. Thank you once again for the wonderful experience.


Their reply. Yes, pls kick those cheena out. Kids shouting, walking all the way to the screen. If only the bloody cheena people can shut their loud voice, or the uncles who drag their feet when they walk can be brought out of the place



No comments: