Monday, September 12, 2022

Tutors slowly leaving

郭老师‘s last lesson with lil’ one was on 24th May (Tue) as MT paper is on 30th May (Mon)

One down! A bit sad coz she’s taught Che-Che since Sec 2? Or later part of Sec 1? So she was with us for 7-8 years. Great no one will come into the house via PES on Tuesdays now but I still can’t lock the gate. Then I’ll hang on to the rest of the tutors like a lovelorn lover. Her results came back with a distinction so she’s not re-taking end of the year. She can concentrate fully on other subjects. 

With both her SS and EL papers on 14th Sep (Wed) and 16th Sep (Fri) respectively.  11th Sep (Sun) was Mr Mak’s last lesson with lil’ one. Ok, so I hope I don’t need to see him again next year in my house. (Bump into each other in the streets can) Mei-mei better clear her papers. Likewise, another tutor that taught both girls (he taught che-che in Sec 3 so seeing him on a weekly basis for the past 6 years is so habitual.) He is the most organised tutor that I have, and I like his style. Organized mom meets organized tutor. When it came to CB in April 2020, he was all ready to jump into online tutoring, in fact the first. He had everything all ready. All he did was to email us the papers to be printed at least two days in advance and she sees him on screen. BUT I have a disorganized daughter! She throws the papers around her bookshelf/table. 

After he leaves, I only have the remaining 3 weeks with the remaining tutors. Yes, finally I can lock the gate though with a heavy heart, coz when they do come by it feels like our friends visiting us 😁 . They’ve been here since we moved to this place. From then on, we won’t have regulars visitors to our house, I think I’ll welcome the rats and shrews with open arms. It’ll be a different phase of our lives as the girls grow older, all in tertiary and not needing tuitions.  

No comments: