Thursday, September 8, 2022

Absolutely crazy!

Secretly planning on a holiday with lil' one, I think she's worked hard and deserves a treat. I deserve one too!  

But air tickets are insanely high

Even tour packages I wanted to use as a comparison is crazy high. You know what’s beyond insanely crazy? That the price of a Japan package tour can cost close to $5k for a 7D trip to Osaka and Kyoto! I saw packages to Japan is almost comparable to Europe, so I might as well fly to Europe instead. 

Then again, I did a calculation to submit a proposal. Well, it fell thru coz the man said it was too ex.😢 The estimated cost of our (lil’ one and my) airtickets, train tickets with reservations, accommodations adds up to $5637.97 for a 16D15N trip. Whereas a 11D tour to Germany but not quite the places that I’m planning to go is already $4238/pax. I don’t think we’ll spend $5k on all the misc stuffs right? We can budget on food, I will still bring my cookpot. Most places don’t require entry fees anyway, and we’re not driving thus don’t require any parking fees. And I think our trip will cover not only the old town and churches, it includes castles and concentration camps x2. Not Dachau anymore please 😅, I’ve been there like 4x already. Although the plan fell thru, on hindsight the itinery is saved in laptop and can be used the next time? If there is a chance. 

A 8D7N ChiangMai and ChangRai costs $1988!!! OMG! what's happening? Airlines and tour agencies trying to recoup their losses over the years? 

Japan - can forget it. There must be an influx of visa application and will need more than a month. We don’t hv time! And we only want to go DisneySea! 

Korea - e.visa  is required and even PCR testing. Air tickets prices are also increasing, unless we go on Asiana. SQ is going to slash our throats with their prices. 


No comments: