Sunday, April 4, 2021

On This Day - 4th Apr #Reminders from FB#

4th Apr 20

My fridge has never been this full n untidy. So helpless in organizing it. 

How’s yours?



Footnote : This time, last year stocked up on some food items. Well, just when breaking news mentioned that PM Lee was going to give a speech on 3rd Apr (Fri), I dashed out of the house to the supermarket. Who cares about listening to the speech when we can playback later? If the vegetables are out can I rewind to a time where there are ample stocks?

On 4th April 2021 I wrote this while attaching this memory : 

CB started 3 days later, we had mixed feelings.

Nobody knew how the following days would be.

One year later, somehow kind of miss it. Haha!

Actually I like it when I don't hv to chauffeur kids, I like it when all tuitions went online tho I had my worries of the efficacy of online tuitions for my girls.

(But I had so many positive feedbacks from tutors n school tchrs lil' one is doing better online. Haha!)

AND I HAD TO COOK! Coz no tutors coming into the house, have no excuse not to cook.

Let me tell you, I thought l'd find time to pick up German and got books from Kinokuniya. Not only after CB,one year later nothing is achieved at all! In year 2022 / 2023 l'Il rant again.


____________________________________

My girls will have something to tell their children n grandchildren next time. “When ur mummy / grandma was young in JC / sec school I had to study from home coz this thing happened in SIN and the world.”

I was already prepared and told the girls their one day HBL would lead to a longer one, this one day is only a test run. True enough, it’s not that difficult to know what happens next. 

And I’m grateful that at my girls’ age I don’t hv to help or sit down with them. Lil’ one has always been independent since primary school. She gets everything done, she makes a lot of noise only if system hang and it shows her submission otherwise. She sits infront of the 👩‍💻 computer as disciplined as she is, immediately after breakfast and get her work done. And yah that’s the time I can still go about doing housework without any worries if they’re on video-conferencing. 

As for che-che, I’m so grateful that her JC started their practice early in Feb. They did online lectures with their laptops in the lecture hall, they did a lot of practice. So the transition was very smooth for them on Friday. 

Now with 3 of them in their room doing their work n studies, I have no way to clean the room unless I do it way before their work / school starts. Then I can do other housework or if I ever have some free time for myself (which is unlikely), I can go into the computer myself outside in the living room (got so many things to do). 

Most importantly, this is a reminder to stay at home so everyone please stay at home n be safe. Haha! Honestly I’m not sure if I’ll be the one running out to do unnecessary shopping for 💐🌺🌻. 

#everyoneinposition# #hbl# #besafeforunurfamily#

#shoutouttoourfrontliners# #medicalstaffsjiayou#

Footnote : So I was told during SARS, there was also home-based learning. And honestly I'm lucky to be nowhere but in Singapore. I trust that our government had learnt their lessons, have re-evaluated what can be done better in any pandemic next time (nobody was to know it did happen 14 years later). As they have been used to a 1 or 2 Project Click per year, I believe our kids are well-prepared. We are also lucky that we have enough laptops in the house for each kid. Can you imagine how those under privileged kids are struggling? Maybe a few kids to one computer or maybe none. 
I'm glad though their homebased learning was for an extended period of time, both girls managed so well. Infact, tutors and school teachers commented that she's better when it's homebased. More productive. Haha! I think coz she talked too much in class.   


No comments: