Sunday, October 29, 2006

Too sentimental or a miser?

Am I too sentimental or am I a miser?

Digital Camera
Hubby went to collect his free Sony Cybershot DSC-W50 at Sony Gallery today.
At the shop, the staff asked if he wanted to upgrade the camera when my hubby was asking about the cost of the memory stick card (err....blur staff) I whispered to him "is there a need to pay so much more for a upgraded camera? I am still happy with our Olympus camera" - bought in June 2003.
Then hubby asked again for the various memory space cards and the size gets bigger. I whispered again "are you getting alot of cards. Our Olympus have 4 cards liao leh...."
I don't know if he took my words into consideration at all, we left the place without upgrading the camera and only bought one 512MB card.

** I am still so attached with the Olympus camera, can't bear to part it.

Home TV
Our living room Akira TV decided to die on us yesterday. Servicing would costs us $300+ so hubby decided to get a new TV.

Then that guy said "buy a flatscreen for our living room and then we change also throw away the TV console ( I looked at him and thought of Athena's VCDs and our amplifier; DVD recorder; DVD player etc... where to put them ) to free up the space" "or.... buy a flatscreen for our room and move our room TV outside?"
So I told hubby "isn't it more expensive to get a flatscreen for the living area. Buy too small, don't look nice for a living room; buy too big so expensive. Move our room TV out since it was originally the living room TV until you won this in a lucky draw, then the flatscreen in the room will be smaller and cheaper.
** Haha! A miser after all!!

No comments: