Monday, October 30, 2006

A Messy Mother's Life

No, no, I am still around in Singapore. I haven't had much time to post an entry, as I had my post-natal massage for the past few days. The wrap caused some uneasy feeling, and when the last 2 days I was lucky to have the boss to come down in person to do the sessions for me - I was wrapped even tighter with the bengkung cloth. Couldn't breathe; didn't have much appetite; can't move much (but still gotta move) so it was rather uncomfortable; felt like a handicap - I drop things accidentally on the floor but can't pick up. It's just like the first two weeks after my surgery.
But I must admit the massage is quite enjoyable, so I've booked for another 8 sessions with them. I will have a week break before I resume again on the 6th. I think it's better this way too, coz' I need to get things for Athena's birthday party next month; go down POSB to settle the Baby Bonus thing and etc etc...

I don't know to say if my life is in a mess or my wardrobe is in a mess! This is the time when I look ridiculous if I continue to wear my maternity clothes (too big) and some of my pre-pregnancy clothes are still a little tight at the hips - argh! problem area!! So, I've got clothes which are too big and too small.Literally STUCK IN BETWEEN!!
I think you can imagine how messy my wardrobe is now, I've sorted out only a few clothes which I can wear and left those 'I think still got chance to wear back' and the remaining clothes still packed in the vacumn-packed bag inside my wardrobe. I can't stand the sight of it but I haven't found the time to really sort out my clothes (not with the little one wanting to be carried all the time)
And yesterday (Sunday), we went out to Marina Square. Okay, I was out of action from the shopping malls for only 5 weeks but everything looked so new & exciting to me. We passed by Mango; BYSI; Miss Selfridge; and what nots. I told myself "I must shop till I drop". I don't know if it's the lack of confidence I have now as I feel fat and ah-soh looking that I just want to wear back sexy clothes to beautify myself. But then what sexy clothes are you talking about when you're still fat?! See fats bulging out will only make people vomit.

My girl's room study table is in a mess too! I haven't had the time to tidy up the place and to do Aricia's scrapbook. And to sort out the presents our friends have given to Aricia.

Is it my laziness? Am I finding excuses? Or really no time?? I think I should put Aricia somewhere for that few hours while I tidy up my stuffs. Enough time?

Another thing, I'm thinking if I should 'revive and relactate' for the sake of Aricia. Aricia is partially on EBM now. I should think 5 weeks is still a good chance for me to relactate to boost my supply, too long delay will be more difficult.
But then again, that girl is abusing her mummy. I tried latching her back on and I must admit she (thankfully) still hasn't gotten confused with the nipples and milk bottle teats. But the way she abuses me makes me suffer in pain. When she drinks, she likes to whine a little; turn her head here and there. So you can imagine how she pulls *** Ouch! And a few entries prior to this, I mentioned about bleeding. I'm not bleeding anymore but it's painful still. Will her continous sucking make it worst and never to heal?
Also, I have to consider :
1. Am I willing or able to wake up every 2hours to feed that hungry girl
2. Am I willing to stay up that extra half hour to pump after night feeds
3. Am I willing to sustain BF for long
4. Am I willing to look like a panda and risk falling asleep while I'm behind the wheels
5. Am I willing to continue holding back all the junk foods just to give her quality milk
6. Am I willing to bring the pump out whenever I am out (pump excess or when she misses a feed)
Other concerns:
1. Not enough breastfeeding tops, unless guaranteed a nursing room in the place I am at; if not I may have to end up breastfeeding Aricia in the toilet?!?
2. No time to do my own things, meaning I'll be 100% paying full attention to you.
3. Totally neglecting Athena as a result of that
So to 'revive' or not?!
Having said so, I think for this I would need the help of a lactation consultant and not the BMSG counsellors?

Athena is happy that her mad mother is quite laxed with her now.
1. I haven't been revising her music lesson. Well, in the first place I have no idea what has been going on for the past few weeks.
2. I haven't sat down with her and guide her in doing the assesment books I got for her
3. I haven't been flashing cards at her every day
4. I haven't been reading to her
As much as I would like to resume these with her asap, the little one has kept me busy. I think I will have to wait until Jan2007. A new year, a new start.

I can't believe it! I thought I'm a organised person, suddenly I find things in a mess and I feel so awkward.

No comments: