Wednesday, July 26, 2006

United We Stand

We didn't have to wait until August 9th to show how united we are as Singaporeans. But we were really united as a family on Tuesday.

Hubby, myself and Athena apparently all fell sick at the same time.

On Monday night, after I showered her I asked hubby to dry her and dress her up. Coz' I felt like vomitting. And indeed I did even before he could dry her completely.
A: Ai yoh.....mummy you vomit out all the ice-cream
D: Mummy, eat ice cream?
A: Yes, a little bit. I also eat a little bit.

Later in the night, Athena was so sweet to tell me this before I turn in for the night.
A: Mummy you feel like vomitting?
M: Yes
A: Mummy, you must cook barley to drink then you will feel better. You always cook barley for me I feel better.

Thought I'd be better after the vomit, but I was wrong. I started having diarrhoea and through the night, I vommitted another time. Poor Aricia went on a diet, as all my food came out. I had to drink hot water to warm my stomach, after the repeat occurance of vomitting, I added glucose to my hot water. And like a good girl, kept drinking hot water for the whole of Monday night and Tuesday.
I have never slept so much in my entire life. But I am glad mom answered to my SOS call for help to help me babysit Athena and to bring her to Tampines yesterday as I did not want it to spread to her.

Apparently hubby suffered the same thing as me. (we had different food) But doctor said that my hubby's worse than me. Funny! He's worse than me but he got the appetite to eat. I didn't have the appetite to eat and I was quite 'lembek'. Maybe because with my 3rd trimester pregnancy I'm already beginning to feel exhausted also. I only wanted to lie down and that made me so comfortable, and he still could play his computer games while I have to wait until today to post my blog.Good thing, Zet had been a great help with all the housework. She saw me looking quite pale on Monday night and offered to give me a massage.

As for Athena, she has been coughing and I was too lazy to bring her all the way to her PD in Tampines. And start worrying about if Dr Lee is going to ask me to continue giving her her puffs and prescribe Athena antibiotics. But this doctor says her lungs are clear, no sounds of wheezing and if in the night she was wheezing. I said "no". "Then no need for what antibiotics or ventolin puffs. Her lungs are clear."

No comments: